Chapter Twenty Eight

(A/N: OH MY GOD THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE SUGGESTIONS!! Seriously guys, you literally make my day. Also, thank you guys for being so supportive with the fact that this took forever to post. Love you guys!! Hope you like the chapter even though I left it on sort of a cliffhanger.)

Scott was honestly surprised when Stiles had rejected the idea of sleep when he offered it.

He had protested, saying that he could pass out from exhaustion at pretty much any moment. He simply replied that he was used to being tired. He said that it never bothered him. Scott had listened to his heart and couldn't tell whether to be happy that Stiles hadn't lied or sad that Stiles hadn't lied.

Scott, though against his better judgement, continued to insist that Stiles get some sleep, offering for him to sleep over at Derek's. It was probably the safest place to be at the moment. Being at Scott's would confuse Melissa and being at the sheriff's would just be one giant train wreak. Stiles, surprising Scott even more, agreed.

~*~*~

The house was familiar.

Genim knew it.

This place...

He knew it...

Somehow.

He felt like he knew how to navigate himself throughout the house.

He kept his eyes trained to the ground as the man, Scott, led him up the stairs.

Scott led him to a room, a bedroom.

It was small with plain wall paper.

There was a window above the bed.

A closest on the right.

A bathroom on the left.

Genim could think of exactly 13 ways to get out of that room and out of the house within 30 seconds.

Just in case.

Scott looked around the room with a wistful look on his face.

Genim could tell that he was remembering something.

He looked fond of the memory.

Like it was important.

Special.

Precious, even.

Genim envied him.

He envied the fact that Scott could remember.

He envied the fact that Scott had memories.

Special memories, ones of a normal life.

Not memories of screams.

Of blood.

Of torture.

Of killing.

Of pain.

Not the ones he had.