Chapter Nineteen

Derek talked with Stiles for a little bit more, though didn't get much more information out of him beside that he had been the one that shot at Kira and Lydia. He clarified, though, that his target had been Kira and that Lydia had stopped him from hitting Kira. Finally, he got up and walked out, letting Stiles sit in silence.

He walked out and into the clearing, walking over to his friends who were leaning against their cars. He was still numb with shock after Stiles had told him about his... profession, he guessed. "Did you get a story?" Scott asked, the first one to speak.

"Not exactly." Derek answered vaguely.

"Well, what'd you get out of him?" Malia asked, raising an eyebrow.

He sighed as he leaned against one of the cars. "He was an assassin." he blurted out. He knew it sounded slightly insane and the others thought so too as they stared at him.

"What?" Scott questioned, confused.

"He was the one who shot at Kira." Derek told them, looking towards the girl who was standing next to Lydia. "He said that his original target had been Kira but when Lydia came out, something clicked in his mind and he missed the shot."

There was an eerie silence, one that sat with you and rested in your ears in an uncomfortable way. "Stiles," Kira finally spoke slowly. "Was trying to... Kill me?"

Derek hated himself for the next thought that popped up in his mind: It wouldn't be the first time he had tried. Derek immediately pushed that thought away and followed it up with, He never had control; That wasn't his fault.

Derek didn't voice these thoughts and nodded. "How'd Lydia stop him?" Kira asked.

"He didn't say." Derek answered. "Just that something 'clicked' in his mind."

Kira went to go say something when Scott's phone rang. He dug it out of his pocket and when he looked down at it, dread filled his feature. "Oh, crap." he groaned.

"Who is it?" Allison asked.

Scott didn't respond and answered the call. He closed his eyes as he said, "Hi, mom."

Literally, everyone simultaneously cringed. They weren't about to get away from Melissa easily. Derek tuned into the conversation. "You have a lot of explaining to do." Melissa said, her voice strict and stern.

"Wha-What do you mean?" Scott asked, mentally cursing the stuttering.

"Stiles is gone and John is going ever so slightly insane. I should've turned to you in the first place but I had hopes that you wouldn't do something as stupid as take Stiles out of the hospital!" she exclaimed through what Derek assumed was gritted teeth.

"Mom, look--" Scott was cut off.

"You need to bring him back, now. He's still healing and who knows what happened to him internally." Melissa told him.

Scott sighed and glanced at the others before saying, "We have an idea on that."

Melissa stayed silent for a moment before she huffed. "Get over here." she said quietly but added, "And bring Stiles."

"Mo--"

"Don't 'Mom' me. You're bringing him back, not 'it's, 'and's, or 'but's." She spoke firmly and wasn't about to take 'no' for an answer.

Scott blanched for a second, looking for an excuse but when he came up with nothing, he grumbled, "Fine. Just..." he trailed. "When we get there, don't... Just leave Stiles to us."

"Scott--"

"Mom." Scott pushed, putting a little bite into his words, though his voice softened as he added, "Please. Just leave him to us."

She sighed and said in a softer, kinder voice--a 'mom' voice, "Okay."

"Thank you." Scott breathed, the scent relief rolling off of him. "We'll be there soon."

As he hung up, the scent of relief vanished and was replaced by anxiety and nervousness. "Okay," he said, turning to the pack. "Anyone have any ideas on how to get Stiles to the hospital?"

None of them responded and that just made the answer clear: Not one damn clue.

~*~*~

The Asset could hear every word that was being spoken outside.

He had heard Derek tell the others about what he had told him.

Someone had gotten a call from their parent, their mom, to be specific.

And they were trying to get him to the hospital.

That wasn't going to happen.

He didn't care if they said that they could help him, he wasn't ever going back to a hospital.

Not after what happened with the Commander.

He didn't want to smell the clean and orderly smell of a hospital again.

He didn't want to take anymore medicine.

He didn't want any form of needle to be put in him.

He didn't want to hear the slow drag of a pen on paper, writing down his vitals.

He didn't want to hear the soft humming of the machines.

If he went back, the nurses and doctors would ask questions.

The scars.

The arm.

The amnesia.

The everything.

He wasn't going back to any sort of hospital.

Not willingly, anyway.

(A/N: Ugh! I know, this was a crappy chapter and it's not even 1,000 words! But I'm putting it out anyway, because I'm getting ready to write some more importants points. Like Stiles remembering a bit more through dreams, well, more like nightmares (more on that later), Sterek moments, Stiles and Lydia friendship, as well as some Stiles and Allison friendship, Sciles too! Stiles gets to meet the others for technically the first time as the Asset. Just a bunch of friendship trash and maybe even some Sterek fluff. You'll just have to wait and see *wink*.... I should really stop doing that. Oh! Also, I have started writing a Teen Wolf/Avengers crossover, but I want your opinion on what I should make as the final plot and whether or not I should put it out. My ideas are either to have Stiles be related to one of the avengers (I don't know who at the moment) and after becoming more... "avenger-like" gets recruited or that Stiles, after going away from Beacon Hills, meets one of them after becoming more able to defend himself and becomes friends with them and then gets recruited for the Avengers. Tell me what you guys think in the comments! Sorry for the long note, by the way.)