Chapter 18: Who? What? Where? When? Why?

Chapter 18: Who?

"Laney, who was in the accident?" I ask her crying hysterically

We were waiting on my mom to take us to the hospital. She came into the school parking lot. We hopped in and yelled drive. When we got to the hospital, Laney and I didn't even think we just ran inside. But we didn't know who we were looking for. All my mom said was 'the boys'. It could have been my father, or my brother, Justin or Henry.

As calmly as she could my mom asked the lady at the desk "have they taken back Justin Dead and Henry Wilson yet?"

"yes right down there are their mothers" the lady at the desk points down the hall

Laney and I go running towards the hallway. We look into the pretty big room and see Mrs. Dead and Mrs. Wilson sitting in chairs. They stood up and hugged laney and I.

"what happened" laney said

"well we were on our way to the school when someone was driving on the wrong side of the road, we were hit head on. But we were in the front seat and we are perfectly fine. But.." Mrs. Dead paused

"but what?" laney and I started sobbing

Tears came to Mrs. Dead's eyes "Justin is in the OR and Henry..... We don't know his condition"

My best friend.......in the operating room....and I know nothing about Henry who may or may not still be my boyfriend. Wait, why were they on their way to the school?

"Mrs. Wilson? Why were you going to the school?" I asked her

She started crying "Henry said he made a promise to you that he would be there for your basketball try-outs"

I fell to my knees. He remembered our promise. After our fight and what happened at the mall I can't believe he still remembered. I started sobbing into my hands. Laney, who had calmed down a lot, came down and hugged me, telling me everything was gonna be ok. Laney was my best friend, my sister, if something bad ever happens we are there for each other. And this is how we helped.

---

"Mrs. Dead?" I heard a deep voice

I lifted my head and saw that a bed had been pushed into the room. I shook laney awake. After waiting 4 hours we had fallen asleep, refusing to leave. The doctor talked to us. I was scared to look in the bed, who it was, what their condition was.

"he has minor injuries, broken collar bone, broken leg, cuts, bruises" he kept naming injuries flipping through his papers on his clip board "he is unconscious but he should wake up pretty soon"

"thank you doctor" Mrs. Dead said

I forced myself to turn around. I was happy that one of them were ok. Laney stands next to Justin's bed. He has bruises all over his face and arms. Cuts, his left arm in a sling and his leg in a cast. Poor Justin. I go to the other side of his bed. Laney just stares down at him. They had an argument too maybe worse than Henrys and mine.

A couple hours later Mrs Dead, Mrs. Wilson and my mom went down to the cafeteria to get us supper. Laney and I stayed with Justin.

"is this the family of Henry Wilson?" the doctor knocked and came in

"yes" laney and I answered

"to whom should I give the news to?" he asks

Oh no. What happened to Henry? What news? What's wrong with him? I started to cry again, I looked over at Laney. She walked towards the door as the doctor talked to her in the hall.

"what's up Stiletto?" I heard a sweet weak voice behind me

I turn around and smile at Justin.

"well hello grasshopper" I smile an walk over to him