chapter 10: heartbreak

alex's POV:

*the next day*

i hate him! he is such a jerk. after fireworks we were waiting on his mom to come pick him up so we sat outside on the porch. when his mom came we said good bye and i went inside. i checked my facebook. henry had tagged me in a post earlier.

"at the boardwalk with her -with Alex Cortez"

then people started commenting on it

Kiley L- we should go out :)

Justin D- yea right

Henry B- maybe i would justin :)

Kiley L- y not henry? im much prettier

Alex C- Henry, dont talk to me again ok? i cant belive u led me on like that

I got off of facebook and went to bed. the next morning I ate breakfast and went to do my normal chores, henry was supposed to be coming today to help again. I was feeding the chickens when his car pulled into our drive way. he got out of the car and looked at me. I shook my head and went back to feeding the chickens. jake came out of the house and him and henry went to work. I went to the stables to get my horse to go for a ride, I walked into the barn doors and there stood henry and jake. I encored them and went to get midnight, my horse. I went over to his stall and went inside, I grabbed his saddle and bags and took him out. I also grabbed my helmet and riding gloves, I went for a ride in the woods. I heard jake and henry behind me in the woods so I made midnight run. after about a 5 minute run I stopped at my secret tree house. I tied midnight to the horse stand with hay and water.

my phone started ringing and I looked at it when I was at the top of the tree house I answered it "hello?" I said

"hey" a familiar voice said, it was Justin

"hey Justin" I smiled

"whatcha doin?" he asked

"sitting in my tree house"

"I know" he laughed

I was confused "what?" I asked

"looked down" he said

I went onto the porch of my tree house and looked down. Justin was at the bottom with his bike.

"can I come up?" Justin asked

I lowered the ladder as he climbed it. he came up and sat next to me.

"u ok?" he asked

"yea" I said

"u sure" he asked

"yes your my best friend I tell u anything" I laughed, he was my best friend since day care

"I brought this" he said handing me something wrapped up

I unwrapped it and was amazed "thank u so much" I hugged him it was the hunger games movie, it came out about a week ago on dvd and I wanted it so bad

I went over to the small tv I had and put the movie in and sat down on the floor next to Justin and we watched the movie. we got to about an hour into the movie and we both fell asleep. when I woke up I was next to Justin my head on his shoulder. we woke up at the same time and went back to my house. my mom had bought pizza, Justin and I ate outside on the porch. he had sauce on his fingers and dabbed some on my nose, I put some on his as we laughed. we went to the lake to cool off and just relax. We sat on the bank and put our feet in, then I heard two boys yelling.

"Alex!" the voice sounded like Jake

Justin and I immediately sat up and looked around, then I saw it. Jake and Henry running after a horse, not just a horse, a mustang.

"a mustang!" Justin said as we both got up

"Alex we need help" Jake said

I ran over to him and grabbed the rope and ran after the horse. I'm a really fast runner so I pretty much have the speed to keep up. I looped the rope and threw it. I got the rope around the horses neck and tried to pull but the mustang was to strong. It knocked me on my butt and pulled me. It pulled me all the way to the rock quarry.

"let go!" the boys yelled

suddenly I lost grip and slid to the cliff of rocks.

"y'all get the horse I got Alex!" I heard Henry say

I didn't have the strength to pull myself up. Holding on for life I see Henry running to where I was. He reached out his hand and I grabbed it, together we hoisted myself up and we hugged for a minute or two. then Jake and Justin ran over to me.

"god Alex next time just let go!" Justin hugged me

Jake stood back with the mustang. it was acting crazy, so I stood up and went to the horse and petted it to calm it. I climbed on it's back, it started to kick a little. We went back to the stables and put the mustang in the stall. Justin and I were sitting on the porch talking, then he had to leave he had school tomorrow.

----------------------------------------------------------

Henry's POV:

I didn't mean any of that stuff I said. I really like Alex. Now she hates me, and loves Justin. We caught the mustang and put it in the stables. Then Justin left.

The next morning I went to school and carried on my week.

*the next Monday*

Alex was back in school and Justin has been around her more than ever. His arm around her and stuff, it agitated me. When we were switching to 3rd period they came out of the classroom together laughing. Then they were split up by their friends. I don't know what made me do it but I went over to Justin and shoved him a little, he looked at me then shoved me back. We had both threw our stuff on the ground and started fighting. We were rolling around the floor punching and stuff when someone threw me off of Justin.

"STOP IT!" BOTH OF YOU!" Alex yelled pushing her way in between us so we wouldn't swing at each other "whats the matter with y'all?!" she yelled again

No teachers had seen us it was a small fight so no teachers saw us. His nose was bleeding and my lip was bleeding.

"i can't believe you two!" she said getting her stuff and walking to her next class

What did I just do?

-----------------------------------------------

Alex's POV:

I walk out into the hallway with Justin, then the next thing I know Justin and Henry are on the ground fighting. I go over to them and throw Henry off Justin and stand in the middle of them splitting them up.

"STOP IT!" BOTH OF YOU!" I yelled at them "whats the matter with y'all?!"

No teachers had seen them.

"i can't believe you two!" I said getting my stuff and walking to class

I knew what it was about. He thought me and Justin were dating, uh no, Justin is like my brother!

*after school*

After school Henry came home with us. I got out of the car and started to walk to the tree house. My mom and brother were inside and Henry was behind me.

"Alex wait" he said running after me

I pushed him up against a tree "I know what you were thinking, that me and Justin were dating, well think again, I don't like Justin he's like my brother we would never go out" I said then kissed him

I started walking again, I looked back and he was still standing there shocked.