Chapter 17: 'what could go wrong?'

Alex's POV:

Curse you Laney! 'What could go wrong?' she says. What could go wrong, let's see a fight in the middle of the mall is what could go wrong. Ok so we were throwing our stuff away after we ate lunch. Ray and Jayden were walking with us.

"hey" Henry and Justin say coming up behind us

"hey" laney and I say

Henry and Justin look at Ray and Jayden funny. Crap. Henry takes me aside.

"who are they?" he asks

I explain to him what had happened up to this point.

"we are all just friends" i said

"why didn't you come get me?"

"I didn't know you were he-" he interrupted me

"you could have call-" he started

"Henry Wilson? Are you jealous?" I interrupted him this time

"no" he says

"yes you are" I smirk

I walk back over to where everyone was standing. That's when I saw Laney and Justin arguing. Wonderful.

"hey Alex we have to go but maybe me and you could go see a movie tomorrow?" Ray said to me

"sure" I smiled

Ray kissed my hand. Henry lost it. He stepped in front of me.

"she's got a boyfriend" Henry says

I stand next to Henry "Henry I can have friends you know"

"and I think she can speak for herself" Ray said

Henry stepped towards Ray and I grabbed his arm knowing he was gonna do something he shouldn't. But I was to late him and Ray were already at it. Punching each other, wrestling on the ground. Wonderful.

"Henry, Ray stop!" I yell trying to break them apart

I look over at Justin who is realizing what's happening and runs over to break them up. I got really mad. Tears ran down my face, of anger. When Justin and Jayden finally get them separated both of them are unhurt.

"Henry I hope your happy" I say as I walk off

I hear someone coming after me so I start to run. The person finally catches up with me.

"I'm so sorry" he says

"it's fine Ray it's not your fault" I say to Ray

"their all still looking for you" Ray says

I text Laney telling her where I'm at. She immediately comes. She walks up with Henry, Justin and Jayden. Laney runs up to me.

"I'm sorry they weren't supposed to come with me they just followed me" she says panicking

"it's fine" I say

"let's go" she says leading me towards the parking lot where her mom is supposed to pick us up

I look back and Henry has fallen to his knees, his eyes buried in his hands.

----

I haven't talked to Henry in days. My parents are back and basketball tryouts were canceled for yesterday. So now I'm on my way to tryouts now.

"good luck honey" my mom says as I get out of the car

I run into the gym to find only Laney already stretching.

"hey, where is everybody?" I ask

"locker room" laney answered

"who's leading warm ups today?" someone yelled to us

I looked at Laney "we are" she answered

Once everybody came out of the locker room laney and I started warm ups. We stretched and stuff then started try-outs. We were doing lay ups, the hardest thing ever for me, but for Laney she was perfect at it.

"Laney! You have a phone call in the office" coach Leah yelled

"be right back" she told me walking to the office

It was my turn for shoulder shots, my best thing in basketball. I do my 8 shots and run my laps that are required. That's when I see Laney.

"hey its y-" I stopped as I saw the tears rolling down her cheeks

"Laney what's wrong" I hug her

I look over and the girls that were trying out came over to us.

"there" she started to sob a little "there's been an accident"

I didn't know who was in the accident so I called my mom. She said she was fine but it was the boys. She told me to look outside the school window. When I did I quickly ran outside with Laney. A little down the road from our school is a very busy highway. There are a lot of accidents there. We walk out and see a car's hood torn off and another that doesn't even look like a car anymore, it's that torn up. I see the ambulance and the fire trucks.