Satan's Pet ~Part 13~

Start from the beginning

I spun on my heel seeing Nathanael and the clones shocked faces and Lucifer's evil smirk, and walked to my next class.

Nobody said anything about my little outburst, during lesson and lunch I heard people whispering rumors about it.

Stacy was always glaring at me whenever I saw her, in the halls, in classes and at lunch. I knew she was planning a revenge, but I didn't care. Somehow I felt stronger and knew I would be able to handle whatever she threw at me.

~End Flashback~

NATHANAEL's P.O.V

-------------------------------

I couldn't believe what Serena said to Stacy. It wasn't like her, not one bit. Especially the red eyes. Those were Aimee's eyes.

Was she getting stronger?

I noticed out the corner of my eye, Lucifer had an evil glint in his eyes as they followed Serena, he also had his signature smirk on his face.

"What are you up to?" I asked him.

SERENA's P.O.V

-----------------------

The rest of the week flew by quickly. Stacy still hadn't gotten revenge on me.

All weekend I helped Aidan and his foster mother get the funeral arrangements complete. Though we never cried around each other, we both knew it was hard to organize it.

Aidan and I had become a lot closer seeing he had pretty much moved himself into my apartment. I wasn't complaining though, although Mariah was my best friend, Aidan was still my friend. My only friend now.

I went back to school Monday and Tuesday, then on Wednesday was the funeral. Nathanael and Lucifer were going to come too, I don't know why Lucifer was coming, he had never met her.

~Flashback~

I woke up Wednesday morning, wishing it wasn't really Wednesday or even better that it wasn't the day I was burying my best friend. The first person to not think I was a freak.

The service was at noon and it was already ten thirty. I went into the bathroom and got a shower. When I came out I put on my black trousers and black top and grabbed my jacket for later.

When I walked into the living room I saw Aidan sitting on the sofa in a black suit with a white shirt. He had bags under his eyes were he wasn't sleeping properly and his hair was a mess. He was staring on the blank TV with no expression on his face.

I walked over to him and put my hand on his shoulder, still he didn't move.

"Have you eaten?" I asked, my voice was barely a whisper.

He shook his head. I walked towards the kitchen and quickly made some eggs on toast. We ate in silence, when we finished I quickly washed the dishes up, it was eleven thirty which meant the car would be here soon to pick us up.

Just then my front door opened and Nathanael and Lucifer walked in.

"Car's here," Nathanael said.

I nodded and walked back over to Aidan who hadn't moved a muscle. I took his hand and pulled him up. In a trance we walked out and down to the car.

Before I knew it we were in the church and the service was half way through. It was going slow but also fast. I couldn't hear a word the priest was saying. I was too focused on the shiny, black coffin that held the body of my friend. On top of the coffin was a framed picture of Mariah. She was smiling, so happy, so full of life.

I hadn't realized Aidan was up the front until he was in front of me, I could hear his words either. I knew I was crying but I had lost feeling of my face, I couldn't feel the tears anymore.

"...and then Serena came into her life."

My focus snapped onto Aidan at that moment. He was staring straight at me.

"We all know what Mariah was like, people ran from her. But not Serena, she was the first person to actually stay. The first night we met Serena she came over for dinner and when she went home, Mariah just wouldn't stop talking about her. She kept saying how God must have sent her an angel to befriend her, she was so happy."

I was struggling to breathe, tears flowed more quickly. I felt someone take my hand, I looked to see Nathanael with a few tears running down his cheek. I squeezed his hand, hard.

"You made my sister's life better. And I know that she would have been happy to die knowing she had a friend like you."

I felt a part of myself die.

~End Flashback~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:( THIS PART MAKES ME WANT TO CRY!!!

COMMENT!!!!

VOTE!!!!!!!

DONT KILL ME!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!