Satan's Pet ~Part 9~

SO SORRY I HAVENT POSTED IN SO LONG!!!

IT'S BEEN AWFUL WEEK!!! :(

BUT I DID IT!!!! I GOT ANOTHER CHATER UP!!!

SO DOLLYHARI YOU OWE ME SOME SUGARY SWEETS!!! :D

ENJOY AND REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SERENA's P.O.V.

-------------------------

I had forgotten to set my alarm the night before/ but it didn't matter I wasn't planning on going to school today anyway. Today I was going to pack all my belongings up and move to my new apartment.

In the end though, I woke up to someone shaking my shoulders. It was Nathanael.

"You're going to be late for school," he whispered. "Oh, and happy birthday." He smiled and I saw in his hand was a card and a small present.

I never got any presents since my grandmother died. Not even for my birthday or Christmas.

"Thank you, but I'm not going to school today," I smiled back at him taking the card and present. "Nathanael, I'm so sorry about yelling at you last night. I had no right to; it was rude and ungrateful of me. You've been so kind to me, my only friend really."

"It's fine Serena. I don't blame you," I looked into his eyes though and could still see sadness. Was this sadness I had caused or had something bad happened? "So, if we're not going to school what's on the agenda for today, then?"

I opened my card, the words '18 TODAY' in big letters were across it. Inside written in a posh handwriting it said, 'To Serena, may all your wishes come true today. May all your wishes come true in the future. May you celebrate today with happiness and joy. Love Nathanael.'

As I opened the present I told Nathanael what I had planned for today. "I want to get all things packed and moved into my apartment before any of the others get back. I'd rather not see them after what I said to Cameron yesterday. He probably told mum and dad about what I said -" I stopped and gasped at the beautiful silver necklace that was in my hand.

It was a silver angel with sapphire gems for eyes, a small gold halo and hart in her hand. Engraved on it were the words, 'Serena, A True Angel.'

I felt a few small tears run down my cheek. The only jewelry I had ever gotten was from my grandmother for my thirteenth birthday. It was a beautiful golden locket, but sadly when we returned home my father had ripped it from my neck and I never saw it again.

I wiped the tears away from my face as I looked back up at Nathanael.

"Thank you, Nathanael. It's beautiful." I went to take it out the box but he beat me to it. He unclipped it and held it out towards me. I swept my hair away from my neck and turned my back towards him so he could clip it together.

When it was around my neck I turned my head towards Nathanael and gave him a peck on the cheek, "Thank you," I said again.

He turned away from me, but I was sure I saw a faint blush on his cheeks.

"Erm, how about I make you some breakfast while you get showered and dressed?" he suggested.

My smile broadened as I bounded out of bed and skipped towards the bathroom. I had planned to take a quick shower, but once the hot water was on my muscles I stayed in there longer. It was relaxing and comforting to know today was my day I was free. After stepping out of the shower I quickly wrapped a towel around me and made my way back to my bedroom where I threw on a pair of dark jeans and long sleeved top.