Chapter 20: The Hoe-Kage

New drawing of Aisha in her training outfit she wears in this chapter and in chapter 3!

  Aisha's POV

Now that the Preliminary rounds are over, I can finally kick some ass. Who's ass you say? The Ho(e)kage's old wrinkled ass, that's who.

If he had trained his ninja and guarded the village better then Orochimaru wouldn't have ever attacked us in the first place. But nooooo he's too busy talking to other fancy rich people and doing paperwork and smoking that damn pipe!

So maybe my current anger isn't solely focused because of that. It's for a couple reasons: he still hasn't told me what he wants as part as his deal, Kakashi has me training all day with different sensei's for the final exams, Kiba's general existence is enough to make me rant, and Sasuke is a moody bitchcake.

I'm ripped from my rant when a hard punch hits me over my head. My hands immediately go up to the sore and rub it. "What the fucking hell, Asuma?!"

"You were spacing out again, leaving yourself wide open for me to strike. And mind your language!" The charcoal haired man says disapprovingly.

I glare at him, "Oh I'm sorry let me correct myself; what the fucking heck was that for!!"

Ausuma sighed heavily, "Maybe we should call it a day, the Suns going down anyway."

"Hehe, that rhymes." I grunt, pulling my hands down from my head. I put my hands behind my back, butler style, and started to hum quietly to myself. I sung the same tune I've had stuck in my head for the past two weeks. I just can't remember most of the words or even where I heard it.

The green trees rustled in the wind, making a subtle background sound. Out feet make crunching noises as we walk back towards the village from the training grounds. The sky was painted a mix of purple and orange but quickly fading into black.

"What are you singing?" Asuma says breaking the silence.

"I don't really know. I can't remember, but I think it's something someone used to sing to me when I was little." I studied the Hokage's faces in the mountains. I tried to imagine each of them having a family to come home to, one to laugh and fight with. One to sing each other lullabies...

  "Well it sounds beautiful, you should sing it sometime when you remember it."

  I scoff, "I almost rather not remember anything else. Everything I've remembered has been disturbing..." I think back to the memories Orochimaru triggered a few weeks ago. I never was able to sleep very well before that, always waking up in cold sweat because of a nightmare. But lately I can't even get my eyes to shut. One thing was before knowing all that I went through and did. Another is now not knowing what horrible things I did.

  Tanaka and I still rarely talk. Only if he's making a snappy comeback at me or yelling at me to stop asking him questions. But I know he remembers everything I don't since he's simply sealed in me and the hit didn't affect him. For some reason he just doesn't want to tell me.

  "Well my house is here, will you be okay walking alone to your house?" Asuma says pulling out a chain of keys from his pocket and using them to unlock the front door.

  I turn around and walk forwards, a hand raised to my head in a solute goodbye, "Yeah yeah, I'll be fine, say hi to Kureni for me!"

  Asuma stuttered, "I-I what-t? Kurenai isn't at my house, s-she's never even been in it before!"

  "Oh ouch! Here I thought you guys were a thing. Then you better get a move on before she starts staying at Kakashi's house. Or worse, Gai's."