Chapter 16: I'm A Fucking Rainbow Sent By The Gods

*procrastinates*

Kakashi's POV

"First of all congratulations on surviving the exam," Anko adresses the genin teams standing in front of herself and us jonin. There was a lot more teams that made it than anyone expected, eight teams to be exact.

"I see your team didn't do too bad, Kakashi, must've been real lucky. Course with my team still around your team is doomed to fail. Suppose part of growing up is to have heartbreak," Gai chuckles beside me.

I turn my head over to him, "Did you say something?"

Gai's jaw drops and I smirk under my mask amused. Anko continues, drawing my attention back to her, "Now pay attention, the Hokage is going to explain the third exam to you!"

Lord third steps up and clears his throat then explains the meaning behind the chunin exams, "So here's what you'll be doing in the third exam–," the Hokage stops talking to allow a leaf ninja interrupt. His name is Hayate, I remember, the proctor of this exam. The Hokage allows him to speak.

He coughs a few times between his words, "There's something I'd like the genin to do before the third exam. We need to hold a preliminary round due to the unexpected amount of you–cough, cough–before you continue into the uh real one."

The genin throw out questions and I hear one of my own students yell out, "Bullshit!" Pretty sure you know who...

Hayate quiets them down and explains to them how it seems the exams before were too easy, "So if anyone is unwilling or injured and dosen't wish to–cough–proceed, raise your hand and exit the building. The preliminary rounds will be starting immediately. "

A collection of signs and groans fill the air and I see Sasuke raise a brow before clutching the back of his neck. I narrow my eyes.

"The winners will be determined by one-on-one combat, sudden death. So like I said, if you don't feel up to it nows the time to say something." Hayate wheezes.

I look back over to my genin team. They stood next to each other, Sakura talking to Sasuke in a hushed voice while Aisha and Naruto argue with Kiba Inuzuka from Team 8.

The proctors of the first exam discuss Sasuke's mark with the Hokage, "We have to pull him out before the mark gets out of control—"

"Right, and he's just going to go along with this," I can't help saying, "You're forgetting he's from the Uchiha clan."

Anko bursts out in anger. I'm aware she has one and knows lots about it and the dangers it possesses, but I know Sasuke is stronger than that.

A hand shoots in the air, distracting me from any thoughts or conversations. The guy has familiar silver hair and round specticals. I cross my arms as he leaves the room, something about that guy isn't right. I see Aisha too, scowling at the guy, as if she were trying to blow up his head by glaring at him.

Hayate coughs twice, "Now then, does anyone else want to quit?" My eye darts to Sakura as she slowly raises her hand half way, I raise a brow but her arm is slapped back to her side by Aisha who mumbles a few words to her. Surprisingly, it doesn't look like a threat or anything she'd normally say. Sakura looks down and nods once.

"Alright then, let's begin. This one-on-one battle of combat has no rules," I see Aisha practically jump at this, "The surviving candidate from their match will advance to the third and final exam. If I deem it necessary, I will er intervene. Now let's see..."