Chapter 5: Kakashi Is A stupid, Old, Asshole

Picture above is of team 7

Aisha's POV

  I woke up surrounded by four idiots. Naruto was leaning in so close I could feel his warm breath on my cheek. With an anime vein, a punched him square in the jaw, sending him flying backwards creating a crater in the wall. "Get away from me, you creep."

  Sakura at first was kinda worried for Naruto until she finally started to laugh. Sasuke just smirked while Kakashi sighed.

  Calming down, I look around. I'm in a small room with two mattresses, one of which I'm in and Kakashi in the other. There's also some windows, other than that the room is pretty much empty. "Where are we?" I ask.

  Jumping back up, Naruto says, "The old man let us stay at his house, after you and Kakashi-sensei passed out. You've been lying here asleep for a few days, believe it!"

  Pondering over this I remember something, "And Zabuza?" I really hope he didn't say anymore about me and my past. "He's dead." Sasuke replied barely looking at me.

  "Oh." I'm kinda upset I wasn't the one to finish him off but I mean whatever, doesn't matter. "When I fainted, I fell off a tree, but something caught me before I hit the ground, do you know who it was?"

  They all exchange a look and then look back and shake their heads. At that moment a woman with dark blue hair comes in. She looks about 28 years old. "Hey she's awake. Are you feeling okay?"

  I nod a hello. Kakashi pokes my arm, "That's Tazuna daughter Tsunami. She and Sakura have been taking care of you and I the last few days." I look at her and say thanks.

  "And you Kakashi?" She says placing her hands on her hips. "I'll be good in about a week."

  "The sharingan eye is an incredible power," Sakura starts, "but doesn't the strain it puts on your body make it not worth it?"

  "This time you took down your strongest foe yet, so we can probably relax for a while." Tazuna appears in the door way and sits down beside me.

  "I can't get my mind off that masked kid.." Sakura mumbles and I give her a questioning look. To which they explain to me what I had missed. Kakashi turns his head, still laying on the mattress, towards Sakura and away from me. "That mask is worn by the most elite and secret ninja from the village hidden in the mist. The shinobi hunters all wear them. Their unit is code-named the "undertaker squad" because they dispose of corpses so it's thought that they never existed."
He clears his throat. "Even after death a shinobi's corpse may yield up its secrets of the skills it had mastered. As well as retaining the aura of the chakras it was steeped in the ninjas native lands. Even the ingredients of any drugs or potions that body consumed become an open book. In the same way when I de, if an enemy were to take possession of my remains, the corpse would reveal all of the anatomical idiosyncrasies unique to possessors of the sharingan. In the worst case, the enemy may gain enough information to be able to duplicate and master that power."

  "Ninja corpses tell too many tales. Basically, shinobi hunters specialize in tracking down and eliminating rouge ninja and obliterating their remains. In order to protect their home village from the rest of the world. Silently and without a trace. That's how a ninja leaves the world,"

  "So, Zabuza's corpse will be dismembered and destroyed? That's so creepy!" Sakura cringes And sweat drops. Tsunami speaks up and says that they should give us some rest. They nod a stand up, Tazuna being slightly wobbly due to alcohol, and leave the room.

  "So... How are you really feeling?" Kakashi turns his head back to me even though I'm not looking at him.  Unconsciously my hand immediately brings itself up to my left shoulder. It still hurts, but it's only a little bit. I think about what Tanaka and I had argued about in that 'dream'.