5 - A good Lie...

Percy's POV

Yes, I'd been lying wide awake for hours. Whether it was the jet lag or my worry, I wasn't entirely sure of.
Something was up with Annabeth.
I was so sure that it was that Ethan guy. But if it was some sort of bullying, then it was most definitely not an okay situation. I should know, I'd been harassed myself. If anyone had touched her...

When I first came back, I'd been so distracted by Annabeth, I hadn't even realized  I'd shoved Ethan until he was eating the dirt. Maybe he'd just been annoyed at Annabeth for not doing his homework, or whatever it was Wise Girl had told me. I doubted that, though.
What would Sadie do?
Organize I riot and ransack the school.
Okay- what would I do?
My mind was blank. I had to help Annabeth, if it so were that something fishy was going on. I'd have ask my mom to go to school early to help her (I know right, shocker!).
One thing was for sure though;
No one touches my beautiful Wise Girl.

Annabeth's POV

I lay awake in my bed, completely unfazed by the humming element next to me.
I'd been lying in bed for hours, my mind preoccupied with going over this crazy day, consecutively.
I hadn't even bothered to wipe off the ink from a some sort of pen on my arm which I had so happily received from one of my younger brothers.

When I'd seen Percy my heart had fluttered- even though the circumstances were complicated.
I'd only felt that feeling once before, and I'm ashamed to say it was for Luke.
When Percy had just left, I felt so lonely.
Luke, being the person he is, took advantage of me. Nothing major, but he forced me into an unwanted relationship.
Honestly... it was a bit like the Stockholm syndrome. I fell in love with him after we'd gotten together. If I had that very same feeling for Percy- no.
I didn't. I was imagining things. Please tell me I was imagining things.
Percy was my best friend. Nothing more, nothing less.
I shivered slightly, even with the element right next to me.
I was hopeless.
Maybe I should have accepted his sudden departure. Maybe I should have just stopped talking to him after he left. At least it meant breaking off any unwarranted-for-future feelings I'd develop for Percy.

Right. Back to task. A good lie... Luke and I had become amazing friends whilst he was away. No way would Percy like that. Perhaps I'd try with that, however. It seemed doable.
I decided I would use that excuse as my eyelids slowly fluttered to a close, and the darkness infiltrated my mind yet again.

Percy's POV

I'd gotten a call from Annabeth at around five this morning. She was crying into the phone, begging me to come over.
Of course, I rushed out of bed, still running on a blink of sleep, and raced towards her apartment.
The traffic was already heavy, just as I remembered it when I'd lived here a year back.
As a yawn escaped my lips whilst I crossed the street, my phone went off again.
I quickly pulled it out. It was Annabeth.
"Hey Wise Girl. I'm on my way."
"No, Percy, it's okay. You don't have to come. Please don't come."
I frowned, knitting my eyebrows together. As I recalled, Annabeth's parents were super nice, allowing her to come over to mine whenever she wanted to. I suppose if I was left to ponder that, if I really put my mind to it, though, I'd probably only been at her house about four times under the years I'd lived here.
Strange.
"Annabeth, I'm coming. You can't stop me."
I practically heard the frantic shaking of her head through the phone.
"No. Percy, I mean it. Don't come. I just had a nightmare. Forget it."
I shook my head for myself.
"It sounded a little more intense than just a bad dream. You were almost screaming!"
It was quiet on the other line.
"Wise Girl?"
"Still here, Seaweed Brain."
I huffed.
"I'm coming over."
I said and hung up.
She sounded scared. I didn't care if she could take care of herself or not- I wanted to be there for her so that she didn't have to be brave.

Five minutes later, I knocked on her door, rubbing the back of my neck, deep in thought. The door swung open.
There stood a woman with brown messy hair, and with brown, piercing eyes, which happened to be boring straight into me. Must be Annabeths mom, I thought, however little she looked like my Wise Girl.
"Why are you knocking on my door at this hour, young man? It's practically midnight!"
I scrunched my nose up a bit at the bad temper she'd let loose in my face.
She was nearly as scary as Annabeth, meaning I probably shouldn't mention that it was five, not midnight.
"Umm... I'm here to see Annabeth."
The woman simply glared at me and slammed the door shut.
Maybe Annabeth had asked her mother to do that. Or she was just an ill tempered person in general.
Either way, I had to get to Annabeth.
I had not gotten up from my comfy bed without sleep for in exchange to stand alone in a hallway at five in the morning. I waited for what felt like an eternity, but when I checked my watch, it was only five thirty. I quickly checked the door. It was unlocked.
I swiftly moved up the stairs, careful not to make any noise as I went.
I walked up to the door I remembered as Annabeth's and carefully opened it.
She shot from her bed in only her PJ's, but I didn't care.
She stared at me wide eyed, her face full of... was that fear?
"Annie..."
I whispered as I rushed to her and tackled her with a bear hug. I'd overtaken her regarding height (finally!) as I reached nearly a head over her. Before, I'd been her height- it had been infuriating. I pulled apart at last. She'd been crying, alright. Her cheeks were flushed, her eyes slightly blood-shod.

   "Wise Girl, what did you dream about?"

Thank you for reading! Don't have a lot to say rn, but i really hope you enjoyed <3

Leave a vote and comment if you want!!

tie xx