Chapter 16

Eleanor was leaned up against a wall in the enters of the Midway city's subway, loading her shotgun with more bullets, as the squad and the rest of the remaining soldiers prepared to infiltrate Enchantress's base.

She had decided that she would distract Enchantress's giant beast of a brother, while Croc and the rest of the soldiers would swim underneath her base and detonate a bomb that was leftted there by Flag.

While she was finishing loading her gun, she heard the silence weeps of a woman. She looked around and saw Katana crying over her sword while talking in her native language.

"Husband..." Katana sobbed with large watery tears streaming down her face.

"What's the matter with her?" Eleanor asked in a soft voice, still looking at her. "The man who killed her husband used that sword." Rick answered. A look of sympathy and disgust grow on her face.

"Then why does she have it?" She grabbed her daggers and carefully slid them in the waist of her shorts. "His soul's trapped inside of it. She talks to him."

Eleanor didn't know how to respond to that, so all she did was watch in silence as Katana slid the sword back in It's shed, closing all the souls that it had claimed inside.

Eleanor felted much compassion for the poor widow, but bigger states were at hand.

"Well you know what they say about the crazy one's." Digger said previously been listening to their conversation. She glared at him, but could help but to quietly laugh when Harley looked up responding with "huh?"

______________________________________

Eleanor walked beside the rest of the squad, as they walked down the abandoned subway.

Her mind flash in between the thoughts of what's to come. Even though she never told a lot of people about this, she had people she cared about and even loved at times. And some of which being her new team, and their about to enter a battle with a bicthy witch and her mad titan brother, which their likely to die from. So hope was not something she was feeling, but passion for them to live is one.

Eleanor's face became straight and her usual cocky and smartass attitude was replaced with determination. And she was going to get a result one way or another. But there was one thing she needed to be sure of one thing.

"Diablo, you gonna fight with us?" he looked at her to see if she was joking, but found her face to be stripped of all kindness she had previously shown him before.

"What if I lose control?" he asked but all she did was look him dead in the eye and said, "then maybe we'll have a chance." he watched as her eyes glowed a misty green. He continued to stare at her while feeling a unknowing mist of emotion that he felt once before.

"I'm gonna fight, but before we go in there I just want you to say thank you for not think of me as the monster that I am." Diablo said making Eleanor lost her emotionless attitude to say one last nice thing before risking her life.

"Your not a monster. Your just a man who knows the feeling of guilt and sadness, and a monster knows nothing about those feelings." She smiled at him and gently took his hand in her own and laced their fingers together. "So don't say your a monster."

Diablo looked down with his eyes glossed over with tears that he quickly tried to blink away as Eleanor continuing to smile while pulling him in a side-hug while they continued to make their way to Enchantress's base.

______________________________________

After a few minutes the squad stood peeking over a railing to see Enchantress's army of monsters standing around her, while her titan brother stood towering over them.