Chapter 7

*Author's note*
Hey everyone! In occasion of Justin taking home 4 awards at last night's AMA's, I decided to upload a surprise chapter! Don't worry, there will still be another tomorrow! I hope you enjoy!
Please vote and comment!
Thank you!

-

Jason's POV:

For some reason my mind kept drifting off to her. The girl in my room. I don't know why I wasn't focused on this transaction. For whatever irrelevant reason all I thought about was her. Questions running through my mind like why did she allow me to help her? Why did she ask for my name? Why did she look at me like that?

When she came out of the bathroom a couple of days ago, she had this look on her face as she looked into my eyes. As if she was looking for something that didn't seem to be there. These past days I hadn't thought about it once, but last night I dreamt of her. The helpless girl in my house. Dreamt of the way she had looked at me. Dreamt of her uneasy voice as she asked to know my name. I shouldn't be dreaming about this girl.

Snap out of it, Jason.

"McCann?" Tyler shoves my shoulder lightly and I come back to reality.

Danny, the guy in front of me in his denim jacket had an unpleased look as he watched me. I ran a hand through the lengths of my hair tugging at it gently as I tried to remember where I had gotten lost.

"I'm not paying you 10 grand for that." Danny affirmed as he pushed the bag of pills back towards me on the table. Why does he always have to make things so damn difficult? We all know he's gonna leave with that bag of pills and for the exact price I tell him. "Fine." I say looking at him indifferently. "Then you won't have any drugs to sell," I add as I grab the bag of pills to put it back in the duffle bag me and Tyler brought it in.

We left Andrew at the house to make sure the girl stays put.

"Wait!" Danny exclaims as he gets up from his chair. "You're a fucking bastard McCann," he spits and throws the bands on the table. I sent him a satisfied smirk and hand him the pills.

"Pleasure doing business with you Danny," I wink cockily and stuff my money in the duffle bag.

-

I throw the duffle bag on the dining table in the kitchen. Andrew turns around to look at me from the couch. "You really sold all those shit drugs didn't you?" I chuckle and grab a beer in the fridge. "It's my job," I shrug and open the beer. The bitter taste of the cold alcoholic drink is familiar in my mouth as it glides down. All the transactions today went well. We sold all the drugs we needed to sell with no problems. I start counting today's income.

"Sheriff Hall announced his daughter's disappearance last week, and says h-" I lose count and look at the TV where the channel has now been changed. "Andrew go back!" I spit and pace to the couch, placing my hands frustratingly on the back of it.

Andrew looks at me confused, but when he notices the look on my face, he goes back. "My daughter... went missing last week," the man in the tv says. He looks distraught. The star on his uniform signifies his sheriff status.

The chief of police.

"We found her phone, crashed, at the crime scene of which she called me from, asking for help." He wipes away a tear on his cheek. "If anybody knows... anything... please come forth. And to you, whoever has my daughter. I will find you," he says as he stares into the camera with a look on his face that only a father who's scared for his child would have.

The girl in my house is the daughter of the Oakland Sheriff. I kidnapped the Chief of Police's daughter. "Fuck!" I yell as I kick the couch and run a hand through my hair in a discontented manner.

"Are you the Sheriff's daughter?!" I shout angrily as I burst through the door watching her jolt and crawl back on the mattress on the floor. My blood was boiling and my hands were trembling with the adrenaline that was rushing through my body.

"What?" She asked confusedly as if she didn't know what I was talking about. She looked scared. The same scared look she had on her face when I stuffed her in my trunk.

"Answer my fucking question!" I spat and pointed at her, "are you Sherif Hall's daughter?!" I shouted at her as my chest heaved up and down rapidly. "Y-yes," she whispers a little, sounding afraid. This little bitch...

I squatted down in front of her and tried to calm myself down so I wouldn't end up doing anything reckless. I reached out to touch her cheek, but she jolted back against the wall, frightened by my anger. I smirked a little cockily.

"The thing is... they're never going to stop looking for you... and because your daddy is the Sheriff, higher authorities like the FBI might step in which eventually means, they could find you. And what happens if they find you?" I asked, my voice being somewhat calm yet cold.

"I-I don't know..." her voice trembled and was nothing but a slight whisper. Her eyes got watery.

"If they find you, they find me. And I'll get convicted. And I am not going to jail doll face. Not because of you." I said, my voice now sounding a little more angry and threatening. She blinked a few times and looked like she tried to fight the tears. "My problem... is," her eyes were filled with fear as she watched my every move attentively. She jolted as I pushed a strand of hair behind her ear with an obnoxious smiles on my face. A tear streamed down her cheek. "Since you're not of any use to me... I don't know if I should keep you here... or... get rid of you. For good." The tears now streamed down her face. Her lower lip started quivering and she sobbed silently, watching me as I got up and left the room, locking it behind me.

This anger was different from every other anger I've felt. I felt frustrated. I felt uneasy. Scared. Scared that they would find her, and put me and my friends behind bars. For Christ sake I went from being a simple drug selling criminal to kidnapping the Sheriff's daughter in just a few minutes.

I put the toxic thing in between my lips and lit it as fast as I could. I took a deep breath, inhaling the smoke and letting it fill my lungs slowly. Slowly, but surely, I began to feel ease as the intoxicating nicotine flowed through my body. Numbed my worries for a little while until I'd have to switch it up to stronger means. Reminiscing the whiskey in the cabinet thinking it might come to use tonight.

-

Chelsea's POV:

I laid on my mattress and watched as it slowly got darker outside. Little muffled sobs would still escape from me every once in a while, but the tears started falling a long time ago. Sometimes they'd come back and cloud my vision, but only at the thought of his words.

"I don't know if I should keep you here... Or... Get rid of you. For good."

I swallowed down hard as his words replayed inn my mind. His stern face reappeared in front of my blurry orbs. Despite my trembling fear, I had taken the chance to - once again - study the young man's eyes. His eyes were dark. Pitch black almost, no trace of emotion other than the firing anger which was controlling him. Had him in its hallow hands.

Why are you so angry, I asked as the little light from the sun slowly disappeared outside, the world going back to its well-known pitch blackness as I laid here thinking about the man who caused me pain. The man who let his anger get the best of him.

I couldn't help but wonder what his name was as he wouldn't tell me. I wonder if I'd ever come to know if it. I wonder if I'd come to know what hides behind the anger. That is if he didn't kill me first.