Chapter 8: Bones and that...

Start from the beginning

"What are trying to say, Father?" She asks still not willing to believe his words as she ran a hand through her dyed jet black hair.

Head Warrior Daniel Matheu narrows his own light blue eyes at the tone of his daughter before he says, "What's wrong with it? If Miss Hill has asked to participate in the tournament then it's a good thing. More people equals a better competition. The Alpha has already granted it so there is nothing we can say against it."

"B-b-but she's a rogue!" She exclaims throwing her arms up in the air in frustration and disbelief.

"So what?" He asks raising a brow, his moustache twitching in annoyance.

"She's a bloody rogue, that's what! How can the Alpha allow her to participate in our pack tournament?" She growls as her light blue eyes darken with rage.

"So what if she's a rogue?! If anything, you should be happy. You have been announced as the best female fighter of this pack in a row for the past 4 years since you've turned 18. If you defeat a rogue then the respect the pack has for you will increase and maybe your dream of being the first female Head Warrior of this pack will come true. Do not forget that the Alpha will be watching the tournament and if you win against all females competing in the tournament, he might consider elevating your position in the pack and he might also reconsider allowing you to enter the Head Warrior competition happening in 5 days when I speak to him regarding this matter again." He said and could clearly see that his words were slowly getting through his daughter's thick stubborn head.

Daniella nodded thoughtfully as she imagined the glory and pride that would come once again when she won against all the females for the fifth time. Just when she was getting excited at the prospect of beating the rogue that decided she wanted to go against Daniella Matheu, the daughter of the Head Warrior of Tranquil Claw Pack, a sudden thought stopped her in her tracks.

"That Warrior Gasper Jamieno is getting a little too good." She said slyly watching her father at the corner of her eyes acted busy cleaning up the mats off the gym floor. Her father was always so composed and strict as if nothing fazed him but she knew this was something that was going to hit him in the right nerve.

Warrior Matheu growled angrily knowing what his daughter was trying to do but he had to agree. That Jamieno kid was indeed getting a little too good when just a month ago he couldn't even spar with the weakest link of the pack. And this was all thanks to that newcomer AJ. That woman wouldn't even spare a glance to the Alpha of this pack whose eyes follows her every move like a love sick puppy, so goddess knows what she saw in that puny boy Jamieno.

"You're right." He admitted nonchalantly. Daniella's head shot towards him in shock and disbelief. She definitely didn't expect him to agree.

"Huh?" She murmured with a confused expression.

"Yes. Jamieno is getting better and that's all thanks to that woman AJ. In fact, I think if she and you compete then the tournament will be much more exciting. Whether AJ knows or not, pack members have started to admire her since they've seen her teach Jamieno." He said and then nodded thoughtfully almost like he was agreeing with himself.

"Urg, don't even remind me of that woman. She's such a show-off. Bloody acts like a mute and then bats her eyelashes at both the Alpha and the Beta." She snapped angrily. She didn't like the backhanded compliment that her father bestowed on AJ.

Warrior Matheu chuckled humorlessly. Looking at his daughter's disappointed face, he said, "Just think about it, you and me, both win against AJ and Jamieno then everyone in the pack will be scared to face against us in another tournament. And maybe, you will catch the attention of the Alpha instead of that AJ."