The Stained

Chapter Ten

"Are you coming to the diner with us?"

"Not sure, I've got something to sort out after school," Amelia pouts, trying to using her puppy eyes to convince me come. Although I would but unfortunately I have to sort out these tutoring lessons with Harry.

"What are doing that's so important to sort out?"

"I'm tutoring Harry and I need to ask what days are okay with him." She gives me a confused look, "why are you tutoring a twenty year old mechanic?"

We walk out the main doors, walking onto concrete footpath where student wave goodbye to their friends.

"He dropped out of high school when he was younger, he never graduated and his mom asked me."

"Hmm, alright. Well, good luck with your study buddy. When your finished try to swing by, if not I'll call you."

"Kay, bye."

We walked our opposite ways, mine leading me to the mechanics shop. Within ten minutes I find myself standing in front of the shop. Mechanics is printed in black at the top, a rusted old car sit at the front gathering dust and more rust.

I feel butterflies gather in my stomach and I don't know why. Hesitantly I made my way to the open way. Leaning against the archway of the shop, no one is here. The only things I see is a car with its bonnet open, different tools, wenches lay on a table near by, I spot many used greased up rags and I hear music lightly playing in the background.

"What can I help you with darlin'?"

Zayn- I remember him when I saw him smoking with Harry, he come out from the back and leans against the car with an open bonnet with a small smile.

"Is Harry here?"

He smirks, "and who may I say is here to see him?"

"I'm Kodaline James, I'll only need to talk to him for a minute." He raises his eyebrows in slight surprise, "oh, your Koda, the newbie in town. I'm Zayn."

"I guess you could say that."

He sighs, "alright, uh, I'll get Harry for ya," he slams his hand down on the car he's leaning, making me jump, "Harry your friend is here."

Harry rolls out from under the car with a wench in his hand. How could I have missed his legs from underneath? "Malik how many times have told you to not smack the car when I'm under it?" Harry scolds still laying down on the wheely thing, one leg bent.

"Lost count after the first 50 times."

Harry snickers, "get lost, Malik." Zayn only laughs and pushed himself of the car, "nice meeting you Kodaline."

"You too," I smile small and Zayn leaves through the back. Harry stands in one movement and begins slowly walking to me. His jumpsuit is rolled down to his hips, the sleeves are tied around his waist. He wear a thin white singlet which is covered in patches of grease strains and so are his hands.

He grabs a rag that was tucked into his back pocket and uses it to wipe off the excess from his hands. He stares at me licking his lower lip as he does so. There is a faint black mark of grease on his face.

I want to wipe it off for him.

"What can I help you with?" I am immediately brought out of my thought when he speaks, "um, I want to ask about the tutoring sessions."

"Yeah, sorry your forced into doing them, my mom can be overwhelming

"Yeah, sorry your forced into doing them, my mom can be overwhelming." He turns and takes hold of a tire with ease and rolls it over to the car and begins to change the tire.

"No no, it's not that, I was wondering what time would suit for you?"

He kneels down by the side of the car and lays down the old tire, he picks up the new and fixes it in. His muscles flex every time under a sheer layer of sweat on his arms.

"Are you free tomorrow?"

"What?-- oh uh yes."

When he finishes he stands back up, "what time do you get off school?"

"Two-thirty," I grip the straps of my bag. "I'll meet you at the library that's near the school, at two- forty. Is that okay with you?"

I nod, "yes that's alright with me."

"Alright," he pauses, rubbing his hands on his pants, "I'll see you tomorrow Kodaline."

___________________