The Dream

Chapter Eight

The grass swayed as a gentle breeze blew. Vibrant green grass up to 10cm of height. Moving stray pieces of hair that flowed with the wind, back behind my ear, I look down at myself, a white flow-y dress. Just like the one that my mother used to dress me in as a kid, and black and white converses, again just like the scuffed and dirty ones I had when I was younger.

It's a green, grassy meadow I'm sitting in, trees surrounded the far perimeter, making the trees smaller than they actually are, and a few trees in the middle here and there

"Koda?"

Turning my head my eyes land on the small boy in front of me, his brown hair was short and trimmed, he held the biggest green eyes.

"I missed you koda," my brows furrow.

How did he know my name?

How does he know me?

Do I know him?

Looking more closely at his features, he does looks familiar. His pink heart shaped lips show a smile and his white baby teeth, his thick lashes flatter every time he blinks those curious green eyes. If his hair was a little longer and curlier he would just look like. . . Harry.

It couldn't be.

"Harry?" His smile somehow got larger, "are you Harry?"

"You know who I am Koda, don't be so silly," he giggled, his small arm stretched out, coming towards me he wrapped his arms around my neck. He was hugging me. And the only thing I could do was hug him back.

My arms enclosed around his tiny body, he felt warm, I could could feel his small steady heartbeat pumping against my chest.

He stepped away from me a frown set upon his face wiping away his big smile. "Why did you leave?"

"What?"

"You left Koda, you left me. I was really upset, why did you leave me?"

"I didn't leave you, I-I came back didn't I?"

"No Koda! You left me and forgot all about me," he eyes welled up with tears, "you forgot who I was, you don't remember me?"

I didn't know what to do, once the first tear slipped out of his eyes he ran. He ran fast, his small legs moving quickly through the meadow. "Harry!" Getting up from my sitting position I ran after him, "Harry! Harry please, come back!" For a boy with short legs he can move fast.

It wasn't until I got to an area with a lot of trees around, that I had lot sight of him.

"Harry!" I called out, I felt like I was walking in circles.

Sticks snapping caused me to turn around, I am confused when I see a tall man, though I have an idea who it is, telling from his curls and navy jumpsuit.

"H-Harry?"

With his hands in his jumpsuit pockets he only turns his head, looking over his shoulder at me.

"Why did you leave me Koda?"

I jolt awake, sitting up in my bed.

Shit.

I run my hand over my face and hair trying to make myself up some what. I slump against the head board, sighing.

I just don't understand how could I not remember Harry? Nobody could forget those green eyes that just stare and those lips that never seem to open to speak his rasp voice. I don't get it.

Was it because I was at a young age and I had no proper memory bank lodged in my brain- now that's just making up excuses. But I can't find any explanation as to why I can't remember him.

Flipping the covers off myself I walk over to my desk, turning on the small lamp. I bring out my writing pad and a black pen, once the pen hits the paper i begin to write.

3/8/16

I had another dream. Of him. This is now the second time and I ask myself why is this happening to me. Is this some sort of guilt mechanism? Making me feel bad because I can't recall an early childhood friendship with Harry.

I feel as though he resents me for that, hates me even. And I can't help but feel annoyed, it shouldn't be my fault, I can't help it.

Mom would know what to do, she would know what to say, she would explain everything. I haven't really had any spare thoughts of her because my mind has been clouded with Harry and I feel guilty for that. God, I miss her so much, at times like this I really do miss her and it makes me cry.

I just want to remember.
_________________________
A/N. Thoughts? Predictions?
Please vote and comment!!
xoxo