What is God?...

Yumi's POV:
That girl, I told her to stay where she is until I stop talking to Kanato, but noooo, she just have to be a disobedient idiot and ran off telling me! God I can't stand her! Wait a minute....why do I care about god anyway? I stopped going to church since I was ten geez!

While I walked upstairs to find her, I quickly found Yui running fearfully downstairs as she rudely ran past me, I got extremely irked when I have to chase her now.

How dare she ran past me without an explanation?! I must punish her when we get home.

As I tried to ran after her, I heard a nonchalant voice from behind.

"~fufu~ Why hello Glasses chan."

I sighed as I turned around to see Laito smiling sexily at me with his green eyes gleaming in perversion.

"Why are you here Laito?"

I politely asked him where he smirks at me.

"I was going to ask you the same thing Glasses chan."

"I heard Yui is on the roof top of the school so I decided to go find her, but unfortunately, she has to be a bothersome fool and went off somewhere."

I said as I irritably sighed, Laito slowly walked towards me.

"Well before bitch chan interrupt me, I was at the rooftop remembering the sweet memories of my true love from the past."

He sweetly told me as I he starts to have thoughts about his lover, I thought to myself lightly surprised of Laito use to have a lover from his past.

That's surprising, I never knew Laito had a girlfriend way back. I wonder where is she now?

As I thought about it, I heard Laito smirking when he's about to put his arm around my shoulders, I asked him politely.

"Laito...I know this must be odd for me to ask, but....if you yearn to hope something to happen no matter what happens in life, does it always end with a bad ending?..."

I questioned him as he nonchalantly responded.

"Most humans in life are known to have their endings more than just a tragedy. They yearn to hope because they don't want face the harsh reality of the world. That is God."

He said it as I openly listened to what he is saying, he puts his face closer to my and whispers.

"Foolish people would believe such utter nonsense because god is created for naive and arrogant people like you so they won't fear reality."

"I was."

"Hm?"

I said clearly as he gently removed his arm from my shoulders, I strictly pushed up my glasses where I calmly explained to him.

"I was like them, but not anymore. I thought god would help my problems and make me a better person, but...as soon as I realized what I've seen what happened with Yui...I realized myself that believing nonexistent is impossible to make that true because...my hope never happened, it was never there. God didn't do anything about it. I was so angry at god for not helping me, not reaching out to me, and that's when I...I..."

As I tried to say the words that came out of my head while trying to suppress my anger and sadness, I felt a warm embrace from Laito where I slowly looked up to him to see him smiling at me. Not smirk, not a perverted smile, just a warm true smile that shocks me.

"...I think I understand why Reiji is so fond with you."

"Huh?"

I asked confusingly where he gently breaks the embrace, he looked at me with warmth and seriousness.

"....I knew you were different from the other humans unlike your sister, you're not as naive and useless as we thought you would be because you're smart, understanding, and see the good in people. That's what you did Kanato back in the hallway right?"

I became lightly surprised by what he said as I playfully retort.

"You know me too well are you?"

I asked as he playfully smirks at me.

"I know everything about you and your sister glasses chan."

He said as I lightly chuckled, I asked him once more about god.

"You told me that god is just a nonsensical belief created by man, so tell me. What would a vampire like you know about god?"

I asked curiously as he lightly chuckles at my question.

"I've just told you earlier glasses chan, I know everything and anything about you and your sister. I have complete knowledge of the world especially everybody's beliefs. And you're the only person who isn't too naive about reality since you're the complete opposite of bitch chan."

"I maybe the opposite of my sister, but I'm not always like this. Some people like me have weaknesses that either faced or cowered in fear, but I'm...just either stupid or selfish. Either way of how I feel, it depends how I believe rather it's love or hate, I'm just not that perfect."

I clearly explained as I narrowed my eyes down to the ground, Laito grabbed my chin with his finger and smiled.

"No human is perfect than you Yumi."

He sweetly said it as I stood there shocked when he called me by my actual name.

Then he slowly lets go of my chin before he leaves to find Yui, he smiled gently at me.

"Well I love to stay and chat with you, but I believe it's time for us to departs. And remember, your belief is your choice."

I then smiled warmly at him.

"Yeah, I'll remember that. Thank you Laito for saying things like that, it's really eased off my problems."

I politely said as he grins back.

"Not a problem Yumi. And you need anything, you can always talk to me about it."

"Thanks but I rather hang out with the intelligent second oldest brother then the perverted youngest triplet."

I playfully retorted as they both of us smiled each other, Laito then realized he forgot something important.

"Oh! I almost forgot, here."

He gave me a mysterious pink bag that I curiously looked at.

"What's this?"

I asked him as he slowly brings his face to my ear and whispers.

"Just case something happens between you and you-know-who."

He said smirking while I tilt my head, he then tipped his fedora as he leaves to find Yui.

"I'll see you at home okay Yumi?"

"We sure will!"

He then disappeared as I smiled warmly at him, I thought to myself.

I never knew Laito could be so kind and understandable, but...I can't believe he called me Yumi.