Chapter Twenty

annyeonghaseyo!! :) hehe back with another update and I really hope you guys like this one - its a little bit more about Zeri's self (which I think you will find very interesting hehe) remember to fan/vote/comment!!! AND TQ SO MUCH FOR ALL THE VOTES AND READS ♡ you are all amazing.

-------------------------------

Third Person POV

Sakura watched Zeri disappear in the night as soon as she stepped out, making her sigh anxiously and glance back at the unconscious figures of Naruto and Sasuke. She squinted outside, unable to see the three ninja that were keeping tabs on them. And she was still scared...

"Pull yourself together, Sakura!" She scolded herself, shaking her head vigorously. "You can do this, just set up the traps like you're supposed to and stay alert," Sakura recalled what Zeri told her before she left. She glanced outside once more, hoping with all her heart that her teammate would be safe and return soon, though she didn't need it. Sakura sighed quietly, before taking a deep breath and standing up, preparing to set the traps.

"They're under Orochimaru's command," Zeri had told her, a smirk on her lips. "Normally this would be a bad thing, but they're actually pretty weak. They're cocky and underestimate their enemies all the time, which gives you an advantage. They manipulate sound better than usual though, and they like making their enemies suffer using sound." Zeri wrinkled her nose distastefully, and Sakura gasped.

"How do you know all this? You didn't even look at them!" She said incredulously, blurting it out before slapping a hand over her mouth. Zeri looked at her in mild amusement, and Sakura gaped at her in surprise, realising Zeri's normally brown eyes turned amber. "Their aura," she finally replied, a hint of a smirk on her face. But she didn't explain any further, and Sakura was really confused.

Sakura's hand immediately went to her kunai, gripping it tightly as her ears picked up the sound of bushes rustling. She gulped, her heartbeat skyrocketing as the sounds got closer, but she deflated when she realised it was only a squirrel. "Don't scare me like that, little g-!" Sakura threw the kunai at the squirrel, causing it to squeak and run away, the paper tag attached to its back visible in the light.

"That was close," Sakura laughed shakily, leaning against the wood behind her in relief. She suddenly stiffens, hearing footsteps heading towards her.

"Come out girlie, we've found you..." a voice teases darkly. Sakura peeks outside, seeing the three Sound ninja waiting. The bandaged one smirks. "Wake Sasuke up! We want to fight him," he grins evilly, and Sakura tightens her grip on her kunai.

"What do you really want? I know Orochimaru's controlling you secretly," Sakura demands bravely, and a surprised silence greets her. "And now Sasuke has that weird mark on his neck, and you still want to fight him when he can't defend himself?" She continues.

The ninja with spiky, dark blue hair narrows his eyes at her tone. "Heh, I can't just sit here after you talked to me like that. Watch this - first I'm gonna kill the girl, then I'm gonna kill Sasuke." He cackles, stalking forward, but the bandaged ninja stops him. "Wait, Zaku!" He bends forward, peering closely at a patch of dirt and scoffs. "If you wanted to set a trap, at least hide it properly. This one looks like its been dug up," he smirks mockingly.

"Let's get her!" The three ninja leap towards Sakura, and she discreetly cuts a wire behind her, causing a huge log to swing towards the ninja. They yell in shock, but the bandaged ninja places a hand on the log quickly, using his sound to blast the log to pieces. "Nice try, little girl, but you clearly have no skills as a ninja. You should put in more effort," he smirks, stalking towards Sakura, who hesitantly but determinedly takes up a fighting stance.