Chapter Seventeen

yoooo im back hehe :)) exams are finally over WHOOOOOOO enjoy this chapter! thank you guys so much for tolerating the long waits and getting SS to 7000 reads homg I LOVE YOU GUYS ♥ this is more of a filler chapter for the big surprise that you'd never expect coming up.... ;) enjoy and remember to comment, fan and vote!

-----------------------------------

Third Person POV

Gaara's presence vanished from beside her while airborne, and Zeri knew he had found one of the ninja that were trying to conceal themselves in the darkness. Zeri spun in the air before gracefully landing on the balls of her feet silently. As soon as she touched the ground, she began to chase after one of the ninja who was already fleeing.

Coward, she thought, a sneer on her lips as he tried to get rid of her by ducking into corners or abruptly changing his route. She chased after him lazily, not bothering to speed up to catch up with him, deciding she'd just tail him until she got bored. She heard a scream ring through the air, and smirked. Gaara already had one down, and it was time to up the pace.

The ninja disappeared into an alley, and Zeri followed his chakra presence, slightly curious when it disappeared suddenly. She found herself in the village sqaure, the tall buildings surrounding her and blocking the moonlight. Things were finally starting to get interesting, she thought, a thrill running through her veins.

Silence engulfed her, and she shrugged casually, pretending to look confused before she spun around and strolled back to the alley.

Zeri abrutply turned around, one of her katanas clashing with the huge ninja star of the ninja. She smirked as the ninja looked shocked, his eyes widening when he noticed she had blocked his weapon with only one hand, despite the intense pressure he was pushing down on it. "That's not a nice way to say hello," she tsked, before she kicked him in the stomach, causing him to yell and crash against the wall of the building. 

Zeri leapt into the air abruptly, dodging another ninja who launched himself at her while she was distracted. He swerved around, trying to locate her but a severe pain in his back made him scream and crumble to the ground. Zeri landed gracefully beside him, one of her katanas coated in a fresh blanket of blood. She blinked, seeing a whole group of ninja surrounding her with weapons threateningly.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way, little lady," one of the ninja smirked, his eyes running over Zeri's motionless figure. "If you come with us without a fight, we'd spare your life," he continued, and Zeri turned towards him slowly, her eyes hooded as she strolled towards him casually. The other ninja tensed, their weapons poised to attack her but she paid no attention.

"Oh really?" She drawled, pretending to think about it. She shrugged. "Okay then." The ninjas' jaws dropped open, flabbergasted as they stared her in disbelief. Tjis girl was the supposedly deadly assassin that they had been warned them about?

"Not." Zeri scowled, and before any of the ninja could react, the cocky ninja was now headless, his body crumpling to the ground. The ninja stared at the bloody head in horror before realising that Zeri was nowhere to be seen. Some of them gulped in fear, scanning the darkness for any sign of movememt as their hands tightened around their weapons possessively.

"S-show yourself, coward!" One of the ninja managed, and a dark chuckle echoed in the air. "As you wish," Zeri appeared in front of them, her eyes a bright amber as the ninja immediately surrounded her, waiting with anxious breaths until one of them sprung towards her, throwing a handful of shuriken before trying to land a punch on her face.

Zeri dodged them easily, seeming to be dancing through the spray of shuriken and caught his fist, using his momentum to swing it over his shoulder and twist it, unflinching as she heard the audible crack that meant it was dislocated. She grinned maliciously when the ninja screamed in pain, before falling unconscious when she gazed into his eyes.