Chapter Two

im baaaaacccckkkkk :))) this ones pretty long I think? so hope you enjoy it! and do any of you watch hxh? personally I love Machi, she's so cool jaixjneowoudhek

------------------------------------

Neji's POV

She was fast, I thought grudingly, skidding as I chased after the girl, who had taken a sharp turn to the right. Naruto growled from beside me as he nearly crashed into a wall. "This girl gets on my nerves! Can't she just stop running?! I'm getting tired here, believe it!" The girl apparently, has heard Naruto's complaint, and immediately picks up the pace, jumping onto the roof of one of the buildings. I hold myself back from growling at Naruto, activating my Byakugan instead.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu!" I hear Naruto shout, and by now around 15 more clones of Naruto have appeared, chasing after the girl as well. She glances back, noticing the new additions, before she forms some handsigns. Of all the people to be stuck with, I shook my head in irritation as four more of her appear, before all of them run in different directions. I had to go on a chase with this idiot. I chase after the second one, detecting a slightly stronger chakra presence in this one than the rest. The girl turns around, and when she seems me chasing after her, she changes her course, jumping off the building. About to follow her, I realise she's heading towards the Ninja Academy.

"This might be useless, but it's worth a try," I mumbled, waiting for her to disappear before I created a clone. The clone goes after her, and I change my path, taking a shortcut through the houses. As I suspected, I reached there ahead of her, and hid in the trees as I watched the girl appear from the pathway. She turned back momentarily, probably to check if I was still following her, and taking this moment of distraction, I jumped out of the trees, lunging for her.

Her eyes immediately snap towards me, but by then I had tackled her to the ground. She struggles, trying to escape from my grip while in the air, but I kept my hold on her strong. Her blue eyes suddenly turn amber, and I widened my eyes at the sudden change.

Feeling woozy all of a sudden, I loosened my grip. A Genjutsu, I realised, and tried to focus, but her technique was stronger than I expected. Fortunately, her head had hit the ground hard, and her eyes drooped to a close as she fell unconscious. I shook my head, trying to clear the effects of the Genjutsu from my head. What was that technique? I had never seen such a thing before.

"Hey, Neji! Did you find her yet?!" Naruto screamed from the other side, and I sighed, annoyed. "Yes, I have managed to take her down. Who is she?" I turn back to the girl, only to realize her hair colour had changed. Naruto yelps, his eyes widening.

"T-that's the girl Iruka-sensei was talking about!" I glance at him seriously. "What girl?" His face brightens, lighting up with excitement. "The one that broke into the village! Yes, I caught her! I caught her, believe it! Neji, we have to take her to the Hokage!" I glared at him, stopping him mid-cheer.

"You idiot, you mean she was the one the Jounin and Chunin were after all this time, and you did not care to inform them?" Naruto sweatdrops at this. "I never knew, okay?! I just met her, believe it!" I turn away from him, glancing down at the girl.

Her previously black hair was now a crimson red, tied up in a bun. Naruto stood beside me, and both of us looked at the girl in silence. Although she was unconscious, the girl was considerably attra- I turned away, reddening slightly. I glanced at Naruto and sweatdropped, disgusted as he gazed at the girl with a dreamy expression. What unremarkable behaviour! I shook my head.

"We should bring her to the Hokage at once." I interrupted his daydream, and he grinned, holding a thumbs-up. "Definitely, believe it!" I scowl at him distastefully, and we faced each other. "What is the matter? We should report to the Hokage immediately." I frowned, and Naruto pointed at the girl.