Chapter Five

yo say hooooo! ;) I'm back haha! thanks for getting this story to over 60 reads!! :D that's an achievement for me, definitely! okay so from what I've gotten feedback from, Zeri might seem really cold and stuff and it kind of takes after other characters in more popular fan fics, but I'm trying not to. I just don't want her to be so open to her team and other people yet :) okay here's chapter five!!

---------------------------------------

Zeri's POV

I followed behind my squad silently, grimacing about how oblivious they were as they walked towards Tazuna's house. They were open and defenseless from all sides, if anyone wanted to attack them at that particular moment. I scowled, kicking at a rock as I twirled a kunai around my finger. I'd have to interfere and protect them, I thought with a frown as Sasuke and Naruto stumbled slightly, Kakashi's arms around their shoulders as they struggled to walk properly. He probably overused his Sharingan, and was too exhausted to even stand, I mused, as they came to a stop in front of a shabby-looking house, where a woman held the door open for them, peering at Kakashi in confusion and worry. As my squad stumbles in, I turn and walk in the opposite direction.

Wait a minute, did I just do what I think I did? I halt in my tracks, stiffening. A scowl formed on my face as I leapt onto a tree and continued going further from the house and higher until I reached the top, sitting down on a stable branch as I gazed at the view, the fog settling in once again. Like I would protect them, I thought, trying to clear my head. I only protect myself.

Naruto's POV

Kakashi-sensei stirs, blinking as he takes in all of us staring at him worriedly from his bed. Then he chuckles and rubs the back of his head awkwardly. "I think I overdid it with my Sharingan," he mumbles, and Sakura-chan leans forward and studies Kakashi-sensei worriedly.

"Look Kakashi-sensei, your Sharingan's amazing and all, but if it puts too much stress on your body then maybe it's not worth it?" she inquires, and Kakashi just sighs, turning to us. "Well, I'm feeling better now, and I'm sorry for making you all worried." I give him a cheeky grin, my hands on the back of my head.

"Even though you passed out and stuff, you were still awesome Kakashi-sensei!" I said, grinning at him. Sasuke just makes that weird noise whenever we say something to him, and Sakura-chan smiles. "Yeah, since you took out one of the most powerful ninja assassins, we should be safe for now," she says, but a thoughtful expression appears on her face. "Wait, but what about the guy with the mask?"

I turn to Kakashi-sensei expectantly. "Those masks are only worn by the most elite Shinobi, so he's a Tracker Ninja from the Village Hidden in the Mist." Sakura-chan asks him to explain more, and I yawn. Another lecture? "The ANBU Black Ops, known as The Inferno Squad, destroy all traces of a rogue ninja's body. A ninja's body contains many secrets, like the...." Ugh, com'mon Kakashi-sensei! Don't be so boring, like the old man when he talks about ninja stuff. I drop my hands, as Kakashi-sensei rests his forehead on his hand. "What's wrong, Kakashi-sensei?" I ask curiously. He snaps out of it, sitting up straight and throwing me a closed-eye smile.

"Hmm? Oh, I'm fine, Naruto. As I was saying earlier, Tracker Ninja deal with the body immediately on the spot, so that there's no room for error." I try not to look confused, nodding like I totally understand what Kakashi-sensei was talking about. "What's so important about this, Kakashi-sensei?" Sakura-chan questions, and he sighs. Oh no, I know that look! I yawn again, my mind wandering as Kakashi-sensei continued talking. Aw man, I haven't eaten in forever! I'm starving, I grumbled, looking down at my stomache. I could really use some ramen....

"No way!" Sasuke looks shocked as he stares at Kakashi-sensei. "Zabuza's still alive?!" My mouth drops open, and I yell along with Sakura and Tazuna. "WHAT?!" I turn to Kakashi-sensei accusingly.

Silent Shinobi (Naruto Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें