Chapter Sixteen

guess whos back in the houseeeee

millions of apologies for not updating as quickly as I could! I tried to with the deleted chapter arghs but with eyas approaching its hard to manage :( expect slower updates for the next two weeks since ill be mugging most of the time haha! but thank you so much for all yiur wonderful support and comments I really appreciate it ♡♡♡♡

-----------------------------------

Recap:

'The bond between a Kazahe clan member and his partner is already very strong, even though they just met.' Kitzu informs me, and a brief silence follows this. 'And there are still other partners wandering, even though the clan is...' I clenched my jaw, not wanting to say the word. 'Yes. There is a chance that they are in the world I am in now, but I have been unable to locate anyone so far.'

Feeling a small stab of disappointment, I hold back a sigh. 'Zeri, we will be able to locate them sooner or later. It is only a matter of time. I am sure that some of them managed to escape when the attack started,' I feel a small nudge in my mind, as if something was trying to comfort me. '.....Kitzu, I-' I was interrupted when a loud voice calls out, sounding incredibly smug.

"Number 54, out!"

Zeri's POV

"You and your teammates are to come with me," the Chunin told me, and I could see the shocked expressions of everyone out of the corner of my eye. "My teammates stay here," I replied just as seriously, and he narrowed his eyes and opened his mouth to retaliate.

I appeared directly in front of him, my eyes momentarily flashing to amber. "They stay," I repeated, and he nodded in a daze, his eyes cloudy, before turning and walking out of the hall. The rest of the Chunin watched me warily, but Izumo seemed to have a guilty expression on his face as he avoided looking at me. I began to follow him, smirking lazily at Sasuke as he gazed at me in shock.

"Zeri," Sakura whispered, worry written on her face. I shook my head, trying to tell her there was nothing to worry about since I'd be back sooner or later but I settled on winking at her and Naruto, who even stopped panicking as he watched me exit in horror.

I strolled after him at my own pace, thinking about what Gaara had said to me before I left. "Try not to kill him," he had mumbled when I stood up. A little smirk made its way onto my lips as I watched the Chunin halt at the end of the hallway, waiting for me to enter the room with a blank expression on his face. I would try - that didn't mean I would stick to it.

I brushed past the Chunin, making my way to an unoccupied table and sitting on it, gracefully folding my legs underneath me. My ears picked up the sound of a lock being clicked into place, and I held back an eye roll. He couldn't be serious; like a lock would actually hold me back?

"Now, what will I do with you, now that you're out?" The Chunin drawled, and I remained silent. This was an idiot on a whole other level. "Of course, you weren't even interested in the exam, but who's gonna believe a Genin like you anyway?" He sounded smug, and I ignored him, closing my eyes and resting my chin in the palm of my hand in boredom.

The Chunin strode towards me, and I could feel his irritation at my lack of respect. "Answer me!" He growled, and I opened one eye to gaze at him. "For a Chunin, you're really stupid. How the heck did you even qualify?" I asked seriously,  and an anime vein appeared on his forehead in anger. "Why you-"

My hand shot out and caught his fist, and the Chunin winced in pain as I squeezed it lightly. "What were you going to say?" My tone was dark as the Chunin fell to his knees, clawing at my arm to stop me from squeezing it further. "L-let go of me, y-you pathetic brat!" He gasped out, and I narrowed my eyes, my anger rising to the surface.