Chapter Fifteen

Finally back!!! :) ok no excuses but I've been seriously so busy with all the projects and stuff and actively I still have work to do but here's the long-awaited update! hope you guys enjoy it hehehe. remember to vote, fan and comment! it'll make me more motivated and ill update faster ;).

------------------------------------

Silent Shinobi (15)

Zeri's POV

"Hey guys, you might wanna keep it down a little. In case you haven't noticed, you're drawing a lot of attention to yourselves," Kabuto advises in 'concern', and I scoff, causing some of the Genin to glance at me curiously. Since when did he go from an annoying jerk to being all friendly and sweet? "This isn't exactly a class field trip."

Ino whirls around to glare at him. "Who asked for you anyway?! And who are you supposed to be?" She demands angrily, and Kabuto smirks, his eyes flitting over to me. "My name is Kabuto Yakushi," he introduces himself cheerily, and I turn away, ignoring him completely. "You guys really made an impression," he continues, and they look around worriedly, noticing the irritated expressions of the other participants.

He's gotta be somewhere around here, I growl internally. Knowing him, he's probably disguised himself. I ignore the smirks thrown my way, trying to imagine what he'd look like here. Kabuto would definitely babble on me, I thought agitatedly. Speaking of the moron, he was now squatting down, his Ninja Cards splayed out in front of him. "Suck-up," I muttered under my breath, as my teammates studied them curiously. He was really laying it thick, and it was putting me on edge.

"Now for Gaara of the Desert," Kabuto says, holding up a card as information begins to appear on it. I wondered where he was right now since he was taking this thing as well. "Wow, get this you guys: he's been on one B-Rank mission so far as a Genin, and he's never been injured during any mission. There's not really much information, so that's it." I smirk. If that was it, they'd be underestimating Gaara a lot.

"He's never been injured before?! Even on one B-Rank mission?!" Shikamaru asks disbelievingly, and Naruto gapes, seeming to recall his encounter with Gaara. "What's up with that guy?"

"...Show me Zeri's," Sasuke demands, and Kabuto smirks. I distinctly hear Sakura gasp, but no one protests. All the Genin glance at me to gauge my reaction, and I ignore them. It didn't really bother me since I knew nothing was gonna appear.

Kabuto picks up one of the cards and channels his chakra into it, and all of them crowd around in anticipation. "What?! This doesn't even have anything on it!" Kiba exclaims, and I smirk, giving myself a mental pat on the back. Kabuto looks shocked as well, while the rest settle back in disappointment.

"Aw, your pathetic cards couldn't ind anything about me, Kabuto? Maybe you should work on your 'sneaky' skills, because they really suck." I glanced at him with a sneer on my lips, and a brief scowl appears on his face as he glares at me before it disappears to his 'innocent' look. Naruto looks at me weirdly, probably wondering why I'm being so mean to him.

"All the villages sent some talented Genin this year," Kabuto continues. "Even though the Hidden Sound Village is relatively new, their abilities are still a mystery." He keeps his stupid cards, before smiling at them. "So what I'm trying to say is that the competition's gonna be pretty intense this year." Intense? It will be if he doesn't stop talking, I think to myself, glaring at him.

"S-so it w-would seem," Hinata mumbles softly, and I can feel her unease and anxiety from here. Sakura turns to Kabuto worriedly. "Do you really think it's gonna be harder this year?" He smirks and nods his head. "Oh yeah, definitely. In the four years that I've competed in the exams, I've never seen a group with this much potential."