He nodded and took my hand in his.

    “Promise me that you’ll never leave me.” He said looking into my eyes.

    I smiled happy that he didn’t want to get rid of me.

    “I promise.” He kissed me swiftly on the lips and then got up.

    “I’m going to go check on Gabe.” I nodded and watched as he left.

   I heard a sigh and then remembered that my father was still in the room. Realization dawned on me. He had seen and heard everything. It’s not like it was that bad but it was still embarrassing.

    “So what made you come back?” I asked him quietly.

    His eyes snapped up to meet mine.

    “I realized that this is the time that you need me most and I just left you. It was not right and I’m sorry I’m a horrible father. You deserve better than me.”

    Tears sprung to my eyes.

    “Daddy I love you. You’re an amazing father even if you’re not around all the time and do have a little temper.” He was shaking his head. “Do you remember that camping trip that we took when I was eight? You through me into the lake. We sat up late every night eating smores and talking about everything. You told funny story’s about when you used to go camping with your buddies. I have never been as happy as I was that weekend. That was our last trip together. I miss that, I miss spending time together just us. You’ve always been my daddy all I want is for us spend time together again.” I was crying by the time I finished.

    “I’m sorry Ashley. I’m so so sorry.” He told me pulling me into an embrace. It felt nice having my father back into my life.

   *************************************************

    After a while I decided to go and find Drew.

   I found him in the living room watching How I Met Your Mother. I sat down beside him.

   “Drew do you love me?” I asked him randomly.

   He looked down at me, clearly bewildered.

   “Of course I do! What a silly question. Why would you ask such a thing?”

   “Well I don’t know I just feel like we’re close but we’re not you know?”

   “No. I don’t understand?” he said looking into my eyes.

   “Why don’t you touch me or kiss me?”

   “I do! What are you talking about?”

   “You barely kiss me or touch me. I feel like we’re barely together, let alone having two kids together.” I confessed.

    His face lit up.

    “Then I will take you on a date and we will get closer!” He said happily.

   I laughed.

   “Okay so when is this date?”

   “Tomorrow night!” He exclaimed.

   “I promise you that we will have fun and kiss and be like a lovey dovey couple.”

   “Okay then it’s a date.” I said a smile forming on my face.

   I’m going on a date with my baby daddy. The rest of the day I was happy as heaven, I the only thing missing was Sara to ask why I’m so happy.