{25}

bless my fast reflex or I will be dead right now, I am lucky I saw the man before he let the arrow go towards my chest and duck in time for it embedded itself in the shelf behind me.

"Get down I yelled as the shooter notch another arrow, my guards started panicking while trying to protect me. We are in the drawing room and the shooter is on the opposite building where the balls are held.that side of the palace is usually deserted because it's only used for mass entertainment.

"Snap" another arrow fly into the room without hitting any target.

"Just stay down,we are out of his shooting rage, Zoan pass me the bow, but crawl down please I dont want your blood on my hands" I told him pointing at the bow and quiver at the other side of the room. It's just there for decoration but anything can come in handy in time of crisis. If he can shoot us I can shoot him. I used to do archery with grandpa and I am good shot. I just hope I can get him.

"Which side is the shooter"Adrian asked practically over me shielding me we are trapped. If someone try to open the door he will be a target practice.

"He is on the opposite building by the halls, I saw him move before he shot at me " I explained. We were all on our stomachs.

"Thanks the Lord you are fast, otherwise it will be our beheading today" Fanuel said wiping his face.

"Here my Queen! what do you want to do with it , I can help you with it" the guard asked.

"I need something reflective that I can use as a mirror and bait" I said looking for volunteers as I crawl my way to the window.

"What do you think you are doing? Do you want us all to die today? The king will kill us just for the massive bruise that is starting to appear on your forehead" Damien said crawling next to me.

" Well we will all die if you dont help me out here, I can shoot him, just give me your badge it's reflective enough so I can see outside without sticking my head out, Marion you will move from your hiding a little bit to bait him and you Isaak crawl by the door and open it when I shoot" I told them taking a arrow from the quiver and notching it.

"No you will get shot, we are supposed to protect you, the king will never forgive us if something happens to you, he needs you" Adrian said.

"Well too bad you are going to do what I said at the count of five and that's an order "I said as I straightened myself against the wall and use the badge as a mirror to look outside.

There on the opposite building I can see the shooter still standing there with an arrow notched waiting for us to attempt to get out of the room. I pulled back my bow and get ready, I can still see part of his body but I need a nice shot that will knock him out and give us time to get out of the room safely.

"But my Queen...

"No buts, now Marion move your body forth and back very quickly and duck he got an arrow notched ready to shoot

"As you wish my Queen" Marion said taking a deep breath.

One! I counted
Two
Three move! I yelled and as Marion move I can see the man get out of the protective alcove and shoot as I predicted. I let my arrow go.

"Open" I yelled at Isaak and seconds later his arrow impaled itself where Marion was before he duck. What he didn't anticipate is my arrow going through his chest because he stared at it shocked as he go down.

"I got his ass let's go but stay down Incase there is a second one" I said as crawl my self to the door and run as soon as I am out of shooting rage with all the guards following me. Jordon was in the meeting at the study so we make our way there running, by then a group of eleven people running through the palace have attracted allot of attention.

"My Queen what's wrong what is going on" the guard stationed at study entrance asked giving us a panicked look.

"There is a man shot in the balls building, get him and whoever you find there do not let anyone escape" I said as I open the door but it was locked or blocked, I think our commotion has causes Jordon's guards to lock down the study to protect him.

Bang! Bang! Bang! Jordon open the door it's me Daniela you... Before I could finish the doors were swung open and I was pulled into Jordon's arms.

"What is going on ? Why are you all running" Daniel the duke asked.

"Someone shot at the Queen when she was in the drawing room but she saw him and ducked before the arrow can stick itself in her head, we ducked down than she shoot him and took of running fast so we followed her here running after her" Fanuel explained.

"Our queen is very good with a bow and arrow, she got him in one shot" Adrian said with a smile.

" Our queen can use a bow and arrow? Wow very impressive" Lars said and high five Kane.

" the war has begun, they are trying to weaken us by taking out the Queen first we have to do something" Jordon said for the first time since he hugged me

We... Miguel was about to say something but was interrupted by the guard at the door.

"Excuse me! My Queen we found the man alive but he won't be for long, I suggest you come question him now your highness" the guard said.

"Bring him inside here, it's not like he is going to talk to anyone" I said and the guards drag in the man. He look to be in his early twenties and now he have an arrow sticking out of is chest. Serves him right for trying to shoot me.

"Who sent you? Miguel said jerking the arrow and causing the man groan in pain.

"My Master, he will be successful and kill that peasant girl. There are many death planned for her, cooks to poison her food, maids to kill her in her sleep, he will be successful"the man said breathing hard now.

"How dare you make threats against my love" Jordon yelled as he forcefully remove the arrow from the man chest and stabbing him with it.

"Are you okay sweetheart? I am very proud of you ,one day you must teach Jordon how to shoot like you, he is a terrible Archer"Miguel said hugging me.

"I am fine for now but the question is for how long?" I asked. The man just issued a new serious threat. If I die the kingdom will suffer because Jordon will not be able to take it and he will go on a rampage and bring the kingdom to its doom.