{11}

DANIELA POV

When he took my hands in his I felt electricity and tension pass between us, this is the first time he touched me without needing to. My heart jumped and froze for a moment before it continuing beating at a faster pace. He made me look into his light blue eyes, they always remind me of a sunny summer day by the waterfall. If only I knew his next words will shattered every illusion I have.

"Daniela do you remember the last time I told you I like you a lot I lied"

Those words kept on repeating in my head like a cursed mantra as I run away from the room and grabbed my basket of fruits that I had to sell before they arrived. The words kept on going on in my head when I run out of the house into the street in a haze of tears. I know it's very rude to leave the royal standing without being dismissed but when he uttered those words I just wanted to get away from the pain and the humiliation of being rejected.

I know I mean nothing to the Prince but over the years he began to mean something to me. I should have listened to my cautious mind instead of following my heart and building up a fortress of false hopes. The tears kept on pouring into my face and I didn't even care about the people that were staring at me as I pass by them. When he said that one sentence my heart broke into a million little pieces. I was stupid to fall in love with the prince and even more stupid to think that maybe he feels the same way.

My heart hurt so much it's like someone keep on stabbing me in the chest, if this is how a heart broken hurt feels like I don't want to fall in love again. I feel like I have lost a piece of myself and I feel empty and lost. God knows I tried to suppress my feelings but one cannot help who you fall in love with, I guess I will have to join the mass of girls who will be heartbroken as they watch the prince marry someone else and make her his wife.

I get into the market and go at my usual spot, I absently minded waved at my friends and begin selling my products. Just because I got heartbroken doesn't mean life doesn't go on, at least he didn't use me and it was all my stupidity because I hoped a prince will fall in love with a peasant.

It took me two hours and 300 bills in my pockets to finish and head home. I will just go home and bath and cry myself to sleep. Its almost seven so it's dark, walk little bit faster to get out of the dark, there are a lot of creeps out there who wait for the dark to take advantage of innocent women.

The prince will be gone by now back to the palace, I just wish I have said goodbye to Miguel we became friends and I doubt I will ever see him again. The prince obviously will choose a lady from a noble family to marry, Duke Lars Abington doesn't have a daughter so the next high ranking lady in the kingdom is lady Galliber. Maybe he already sent a marriage proposal to her parents , that's why she is so arrogant and sure that she will be the next queen.

As I got at my porch their carriage is gone from where I left it and I sigh in defeat finally accepting my fate. I opened the door of my house get inside and lock the door. When I turned to go upstairs I was knocked of guard and squeezed to death in a hug that I squealed a little bit. I thought they left and why is he hugging me like that.

"You scared me when it was getting darker and you didn't come back home, I thought something bad happen to you. I was about to send Miguel to the palace to go order a search party for you" the prince said looking me up and down looking for any injury I guess.

"I am sorry my prince for worrying you, it took me long to sell everything" I told him while stepping out of his tight hug to put the basket away.

"Its fine Daniela as long as you are alright, now come with me, we have to finish our conversation you misunderstood me" he said taking my wrist and puling me upstairs with him.

"Its fine my prince you don't have to explain yourself to me, I totally understand"  I am not willing to go through another session of what happen three hours ago.

"No you don't understand, you are just assuming things Daniela "he said sitting me down on the bed and I waited for him to start explaining.

"Daniela look at me and answer me truthfully ok. Do you love me" he asked tipping my chin up so I look directly into his eyes. He looked nervous as he look in my eyes waiting for my answer. I couldn't lie to him besides I have nothing else to loose, it will be nice to get it out of my chest. So I told him the truth.

"yes I love you"

When I said those words his face transform instantly to that one of joy, he picked me up and start spinning me around while laughing, I couldn't help it so I start giggling with him. He put me down and kissed my forehead, then tip my chin and look in my eyes. What he said got me blinking twice to make
sure I didn't get him wrong. Then I realized what he said

"that's good because I love you too a lot"

I have never dream of him saying those words to me so because of the joy and my impulsiveness I jumped , hug him and connect my lips to his. His lips are so soft and he tasted so sweet because of the wine he drank, I moved my lips over his experiencing and tasting.

It's My first kiss so I don't know how to do it, oh and he is frozen. Dang it I ruined it now he is going to be angry with me. I let go of him and look down and apologized.

"Please forgive me my prince I didn't mean to offend you like that" giving him a little nervous bow.

"No Daniela you didn't offend me, it's just that I have always fantasized about kissing you first but I love this version. The love of my life stealing my first kiss" he said while pulling me to him and kissing me a long lingering kiss.

"If it helps it was also my first kiss my prince" I said looking down blushing

"Call me by my first name my love and you will be punished for stealing a royal kiss. 100 kiss a day for the rest of your days" he said holding me and hugging me and resting his head on top of mine.

"Ok as you wish my Jordon" I said giggling at my cheesiness

"ok children that's enough touching for one day, I am still chaperoning you my lady" Miguel yelled at the top of his voice at the entrance of the room.

we only laugh at him and continue holding on to each other.