Chapter 37 : Free

Start from the beginning

"Because of this war, I decided to follow my fate—the prophecy," sabi ni Phoebe habang nakatingin kay Helios.

"No wonder," bulong ko sa sarili ko. "You're the princess of a kingdom so you have to protect it from him."

"That's true but the main reason was much more personal."

Napatingin naman ako sa kanya matapos niyang sabihin 'yon. I followed her gaze as she looked down and saw a familiar face.

"Don't falter! Those who can transform, follow my lead!" sigaw ng isang lalaki. Bigla ko namang naalala kung sino siya dahil kay Phoebe. He's one of his guards along with Arsen—Erno. He transformed into a guardian and I stood frozen when I saw his form.

"I-Isn't t-that . . ."

"Yes. And he was my reason."

He soared above them and came up against the fire dragon. On the other hand, the armies below started fighting, some with their guardians form and some with ordinary weapons.

"Because of the existence of guardians, the whole world has changed but the only thing that remained the same was every kingdom's goal—to preserve and protect the royal family," Phoebe said while looking intently at the guardians. "Do you know what people are saying during those times?"

Umiling naman ako. Right after that, successive explosions happened and Helios breathed a ball of fire towards the soldiers below him. I want to do something but I can't since this isn't even my real body.

 I want to do something but I can't since this isn't even my real body

"These beasts must protect the royal family," biglang sabi ni Phoebe. "The strongest beasts must guard them to ensure their safety. That was what they were saying before. And in our kingdom, there was a particular phrase going on after attaining these powers."

Tumingin siyang muli kay Erno at nakita ko siyang ngumiti. The guardian intercepted the fireball and protected his people with his huge and long body.

"The dragons should always protect the princess."

Pagkasabi niya no'n ay kinilabutan ako, kasabay ng pag-atake ni Erno. Golden scales came off his body and turned into sharp blades. With a thunderous roar, the blades poured on the side of the enemies and at Helios. Seeing him here made me remember the present time.

 Seeing him here made me remember the present time