Chapter 39

Jackson was in the middle of practice with Boys Era. They were finished with the choreography. All they were busy with was the polishing and perfection. JB was such a perfectionist. And with the competition a month away, it adds more to JB's nerves.

It's 10pm. They have been practicing for 6hrs. But Jackson didn't complain even once. Hell, he felt like he hadn't danced for eons. He could almost say he didn't regret joining. Almost.

They were in the part when JB was b-boying when he accidentally sprained his wrist.

The members immediately stopped dancing and aided JB.

JB spouted off all the curses there is without, of course, 'ass'.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Youngjae asked.

"Of course he isn't. He sprained his wrist," Jinyoung (Junior) said.

"I think what Youngjae meant is, are the rest of JB okay aside from his wrist," Mark added.

"You should be more careful, hyung," Yugyeom said with all concern.

Cradling his wrist, JB finally spoke with pain written accross his face, "I'm fine. I can still do it."

"Eh, hyung! You know you can't!" BamBam exclaimed.

"Uh, eottoke," Jackson heard Youngjae mutter.

"Jaebum, come on. I'll take you home," Mark offered.

"No. Our practice isn't over yet," stubborn JB.

"Do you want me to call your mom?" Mark said making it sound like a threat. "Oh, wait. How about your noona?"

At that, JB froze. "You won't."

Mark got back from his bag and had his phone in his hand. "Oh, yes. I will. Watch." He started dialling  when JB said, "Okay! Okay! I'll go home! Ahh, jinjja."

Once JB and Mark were out of earshot, the remaining members started talking about what to do.

"Hyung, what are we going to do with JB-hyung injured?" BamBam asked Jinyoung.

"I'll just put it out there: I won't dance without JB-hyung," Yugyeom said.

"Me, too," BamBam added.

"Of course, without JB-hyung, without any one of us, we won't dance. With one gone, we can't be Boys Era," Youngjae stated factfully.

"I know JB-hyung will be able to make out something," Jinyoung finally said. "He can't and won't miss this chance to go to KDA."

The young ones nodded. They finally dispersed and set home.

Jackson noticed that Jinyoung was walking with him.

Jinyoung spoke first. "You've been quiet, Jackson."

"It's just... I now realized why you guys wanted me to trust you,"

"Loyalty and trust is important in a group, Jackson. Without it, there's nothing a group can do,"

"So... we really won't participate in the competition if JB can't dance?"

"I don't know about you. You can easily join other groups. As for the rest of us, we certainly won't dance without JB-hyung,"

Boys Era really is different than the group that betrayed him.

Seeing that Jinyoung can be trusted, Jackson shared what happened to him before.

Jinyoung nodded with understanding. "That's why you preferred going solo. Not to boast but we certainly won't leave anyone just like that. We'd rather go down together than go up and leave one person. That's not our thing."

After hearing and seeing eerything, Jackson has finally decided to trust Boys Era.