Chapter 20

After Jackson's talk with his father and knowing that the police won't need him there anymore, he left the station and headed for the hospital. In doing so, he left a message for his mom, who was being interrogated, that he was going to Youngji.

I'm coming, Youngji-ya..

Hara has called Hyeri one million times already but she still hasn't had any news on Youngji.

Ah, Youngji-ya. Where are you?

Her mom and her kept pacing around the living room waiting for some news. They haven't even exchanged words to each other because of worry for her baby sister.

Baby sister. How much Youngji hates that name. She keeps saying she's in high school already and not fit to be called "baby". The memory made her smile a little.

Just then, a call from Hyeri came into her cellphone and immediately, she answered it. "Yes, Hyeri? What? Where's Youngji?"

She heard sobs and sniffs from the other line. "Unnie," Sobbed Hyeri. "Youngji's in the hospital."

(5 minutes ago)
Hyeri was still with Sohyun, JB, and Mark in a cafe when his brother and Ji Hyo came, panting and looking worried.

"Oh? Oppa, what happened?" She asked him once the two reached their table. They didn't even sit down.

When Gary can't seem to say what was wrong, Ji Hyo talked for him, "Hyeri-ah, BamBam's detective called your brother and said Youngji's in the hospital."

"WHAT?!" Sohyun asked, agitated. "Why? Is she okay? Which hospital? Detective who?" Sohyun turned to Hyeri. "Hyeri, let's go!"

Hyeri was still too stunned to apprehend what was happening.

Youngji? Hospital?

"We'll talk along the way. Let's go! Hurry!" Gary finally spoke.

They immediately moved out of the cafe at his brother's command and headed to his car.

Once settled in his brother's car, Gary drove away like a maniac. "Oppa, slow down." Ji Hyo told him.

"Ji Hyo-ya, tell them about Youngji," Gary asked.

Ji Hyo nodded. "Guys, Youngji's in the hospital. She was shot."

Mark gasped. "Shot like..." He didn't finish his question but Ji Hyo understood and nodded.

All of a sudden, Hyeri broke down. Everything about Youngji was weighing down on her.  She was crying all over the car and sobbing. "Youngji, you woman! Don't you dare let that heart stop beating!" Sohyun just consoled her and even cried with her.

Even with all her tears, she called Hara and told her what happened. Hara immediately put the phone down after telling her about Youngji.

Youngji-ya, please please be okay.