Chapter 29

Youngji knew since before that Jackson was handsome. Aside from every girl she talks to always told her, she knew it herself.

Every part of his face complimented each other. As what those girls tell her, he's perfect.

Of course, she never told them she agreed with them. It's bad enough that people think they're a thing. Telling them that she thinks Jackson is handsome will just add to her letters of death threats. Not that she took them seriously. But she can't envision herself being romantic with Jackson. At least, not yet.

Her heart was beating so fast as she watched his eyes roam around her face and when his gaze lowered to her lips, she backed away. "Uhh.. It's kinda.. Uhh.. Cold, right?" She even wrapped herself with her arms for emphasis. But she has never felt warmer. That staring moment with Jackson made her face flush.

"Okay. I'll go home now. So you could rest," he started to leave.

"Wait," Youngji grabbed his arm. "Jackson, I'd.. I'd like to know..."

What happened in that place.

She saw him smile a little. "I'll tell you soon, Youngji-ya. Let me just sort it out, okay?"

She nodded as she let go of him and watched him disappear behind her bedroom door as he closed it.

Her heart was starting to calm down from it's ruckus earlier.

Ya, heart. You better not do anything stupid or I'll undergo a transplant just to get rid of you.

She washed up, changed clothes, turned off the lights and tucked herself to bed.

It's a new day tomorrow. I hope it'll be sunny. It was her last thought as she drifted to sleep.

Jackson awoken to the smell of food being cooked. He sniffed deeply and sighed. "Youngji's mom is probably cooking something good."

He planned of eating breakfast there. He bathed, changed into his uniform, ran downstairs and was about to bolt out the door when a voice called out to him, "Jackson-ah, have some breakfast first."

He slowly turned around.

And there was his mom smiling at him.