Chapter 6

"I'm home!" Youngji said loudly as she closed the door of their house and took off her shoes and went straight to the living room.

It was quiet, and she wondered about it.

When she came to the living room, she saw her mom sitting on the couch, not looking happy, with Hara beside her, totally, absolutely not looking happy.

They both have their arms across their chest and shot daggers at Youngji.

All Youngji could do was wince. "Eomma, unnie, I'm so so sorry," she begged as she came to their knees and bowed several times. "Please, forgive me." Then she shot them a puppy-eyes look. "Pleeeaaase."

When all they did was stare at her indifferently, Youngji took something out of her bag.

"Tada!" It was her mom's and sister's favorite: ddukbogi. After leaving school, she intentionally went by the 24/7 store and bought ddukbogi. She knew they would be like this so she thought she had to arm herself with something they love.

At first, they restrained themselves from reacting. But it's ddukbogi. Heo Ji Na and Heo Hara just can't not react to ddukbogi.

Hara stole the ddukbogi from her hands and slapped her arm, which made their mom smile, "Aish! Why are you late, huh?! I was expecting big hugs from my mom and my sister whom I missed so much. But where were you, huh? Huh! Good thing you bought ddukbogi or else I wouldn't talk to you for a week!"

Youngji pouted. "I'm sorry, unnie. I just got distracted by my dance exams next week."

"Dance exams, my ass--

"Ya, Heo Hara! Who taught you that?" Their mom scolded as Hara stood up and ran to the dining room, laughing, which in turn made their mom stand up and chase her. "You don't say things like that, huh, Heo Hara! Ya!"

Her mom and sister ran around the dining table. They were now both laughing.

"Eomma, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! I won't say things like those again!" Hara said, still laughing, as she kept avoiding their mom.

"Sorry is not enough! Come here and I'll punish you with tickles!"

"Nooooo!"

Youngji just looked at her family. Appa, don't worry about us, okay? The Heo girls are going to stay together and continue to be strong. Just enjoy there in heaven.

She can't imagine how her life would be without these two women. She can't imagine how she would be without them.