Chapter 38

Jackson woke up with an empty space beside him.

He sighed and began to face that he's back to reality. Jackson got up and looked on his side table to check if Youngji left a note or something.

Nothing.

Psh. Didn't even leave a note.

That's when he heard the flush from his bathroom and out came the door the love of his life-- uhh, Youngji.

"Oh, you're up?" She said nonchalantly. "I just got back from home, I bathed and changed there, don' worry, I won't use your manly man bathroom. I was supposed to wake you up but you're up. See you in school, Jackson-ah," after that, she left.

He was left in a daze. He would sell his soul if it means Youngji getting out of his bathroom would greet him every morning.

He slapped his face and prepared for school.

He still has a promise to fulfill.

After his last class, Jackson went straight to that certain rooftop.

Boys Era were already warming up when he got there.

"Oh, you're here. Good. Warm yourself up," JB said.

Before starting, Jackson said, "Thank you for helping me. I know it wasn't for free but still... thank you."

They nodded.

After warming up, JB gathered the team. "Jackson, you probably didn't know but we're preparing to participate in a dance competition."

Jackson groaned in his mind. It's like it's happening again.

"The first prize holds a scholarship to KDA (Korea's Dance Academy),"

All Jackson could think was if he was going to be betrayed again. But it was proved wrong in JB's next words.

"We need you, Jackson, so we would get first place. We have seen your skills. I don't know what's up with you not joining any group in this school but you are a great help to us. We would win with you,"

Confused, Jackson asked. "How are you so sure?"

"We're Boys Era. We know how to highlight everyone's skills to overshadow the weakness. We certainly know how you could use yours,"

Jackson merely shrugged. "I signed up for this, right? I have no other choice."

With that, JB placed himself fully in front of Jackson. "That won't do, Jackson Wang. You need to trust us. We need your trust so we could do what we plan to do. And that is to win."

"Why would I trust you? How could I trust you? I don't know you people,"

"Wow. You must have the biggest trust issues in this world," JB said. "We know you can't trust us now. Just... we need to have you to be willing to trust us. We can't win as a team if we weren't a team in the first place. Just at least be willing to trust us."

Jackson looked over the members one by one. Their features only say one thing: we can be trusted.

BamBam butted in. "Please, hyung."

Psh. What a kid.

"Alright, alright. I am willing to trust you. And I can. Just... don't betray me,"

With that, they started with the choreography. Jackson admits that they were good. He was paired with Mark to do the stunts Boys Era called 'martial arts'. So far so good.

They weren't so bad after all.