Chapter 32

Jackson was on his way to class when two guys blocked him. They were Yugyeom and Youngjae of Boys Era.

He sighed. When will they ever give up? "No," he answered before even hearing their question and slid past them.

Boys Era have always invited Jackson to join their group.

But, like Batman, Jackson works (or dances) alone.

Jackson joined a dance group three years ago but was badly and greatly betrayed by his co-members. Their group was 99.9% ready three months before the dance competition started. They were so ready that Jackson asked them if he could use the remaining months to rest and prepare himself. This competition is not just an ordinary one. It could change your life if you are skilled enough and lucky enough to win. JYP, a famous company president, was one of the judges. One of the prizes in winning the competition was to get a 1-year contract under the company and be an idol.

His members allowed him to do what he wants.

One week before the competition, he came back to see his members and to rehearse their choreography again.

But lo and behold, his members changed the choreography 100%.

He remembered asking, "WHAT IS THIS?"

One of them, a member he didn't see before and his common enemy, Hyunwoo, smirked at him. "Sorry, man. I just BOUGHT this group," putting emphasis on the word. "But I didn't pay for you."

Jackson looked around at the other members and none of them can stare at him in the eye. "WHAT IS HE SAYING?"

Kang Joon, of whom Jackson was closest to, looked at him guiltily and answered, "Sorry, Jackson-ah. Hyunwoo paid for everything we needed, registration fee, clothes, shoes... But in exchange, he asked us to exclude you. We are so sorry. You know we couldn't afford it. Sorry."

Weakened, Jackson asked almost in a whisper, "Why didn't you at least tell me?"

Kang Joon looked down to the floor, ashamed, "It was one of his conditions, too."

Jackson watched the members looking at every direction but him. Only one person had the nerve to look at him in the eye, Hyunwoo.

Since then, Jackson never heard of them and never joined a group ever again.

Jackson remembered that he hasn't told Youngji about it. He just reasoned to her that his stomach was in a rumble that's why he can't join the contest. She believed him.

Now, Boys Era wanted to recruit him.

Hell, no. I won't be betrayed again.