Chapter 22

Without Jackson's and Youngji's family's knowledge, BamBam was eavesdropping at the back.

"Heo Youngji's family?"

BamBam didn't think this idea to eavesdrop was good anymore when he saw the doctor's face.

Noona.. Please come back.

At that timing Hyeri, Sohyun, Mark, JB, Kang Gary, and a girl came and went near to Youngji's mom and sister.

They exchanged greetings and then turned back to the doctor.

"Youngji now is quite at risk," the doctor stated. "Her liver is quite severly damaged due to being shot at close range."

BamBam heard Youngji's mom gasp while Hyeri and Sohyun held on to eac other. No one talked for a while until Jackson asked the most important question.

"What can we do about it, doc?"

BamBam peeked at them and saw Youngji's mom and sister holding each other and everybody eagerly waiting at the doctor's answer.

At that time, the doctor slightly smiled. "Fortunately, we found a compatible donor for Youngji and she is now undergoing the transplant."

Everyone sighed in relief while BamBam smiled.

Fighting, noona.

He heard the doctor speak, "Mrs. Heo, just stay strong okay? Surely, your daughter will be fine. Just pray." Youngji's mom just nodded and smiled gratefully at the doctor. "Now, if you'll excuse me. I'll go back inside." He said as he went back in the operating room.

"Eomma, Youngji's fine," Youngji's sister assured her. "She's strong. She'll be fine."

She didn't know but BamBam was also assured by her words.

Youngji truly is strong.

Youngji was relaxing in her dad's arms under the shade of a tree. Everything was so peaceful. The sky was so blue. The sun shined so brightly. And this was the first time she saw flowers bloom so beautifully. "Appa, look at the flowers. They're so pretty."

"You're prettier than them, Youngji-ya. Much much prettier," Her dad's comment made her giggle. He was always like that. Always telling her how she was much prettier than anything else.

"I love you, appa."

She didn't know when her dad stood up but then he was right in front of her, smiling the smile she loved the most. The smile that always comforted her when she was sad and down. The smile that always assured her everything was going to be okay. The smile that she missed so much. Suddenly, tears started streaming down her face and she didn't know why. Why was she missing him so much when he was just right in front of her?

Her dad hugged her tight, "I love you, Youngji-ya." And kissed her head.

Why does it feel like he's saying goodbye all over again?

By the time she looked up, her dad was gone.

"Appa?" She looked for her dad. "APPA!" The pretty place she was in didn't look that pretty anymore without her dad with her.

"APPA!"