Chapter 17

Picture of Ariel above.  Pictures doesn't being to me.

Nehemiah Pov

Welcome to Hell Love

We  walked into the main entrance and her eyes bulged out her sockets. There were little red and black minions whom I called they were running in different directions carrying a piece of paper in their hands. Keva pulled me closer to her while we walked up the stairs entering my old bedroom.

The walls were painted red, the windows seemed like it wasn't opened for years. The room was like a oven for heat. The king sized bed I slept many peaceful nights  the red curtains that draped around it had little torns in it. Keva walked in making the floors creak while I walked to the window to let little light in. The sunlight beamed in and you can easily spot the dust mites that surrounded the place I always called my home since I never spent much time outside of my bedroom.  

"It's vintage" she said below her breath taking up a old picture and comparing it to me now, "I like it." 

I hug her from behind and kissed the side of her head before guiding out the damp old room and  into the King's meeting room to see my father sitting at the head of the table with a brown skin lady with long thin straight jet black hair. She wore a leather brown fitted dress accessorized with black bracelets.  She looked fierce. Keva seemed to notice it too the way she sat up and drilled her eyes into us. 

"We have been waiting for you," my father calmly said ushering us to sit, "This is Ariel, Ariel this is my son Nehemiah and his girlfriend Keva."

She nod her head and began jotting things down in her note book. My father kept his gaze on Keva and a hint of jealousy erupted in my chest. The silence that danced around us were thick and I can tell it bothered Keva the way she shifted in her chair and chewed on her bottom lip. 

"There's just something about her I can't put my finger on." My father said with a crooked smile making his wrinkles appear. My father played with his groomed mustache. His age was on the side of completely indeterminate. You could've tried to guess his age at random but he may be a little older but it was impossible to tell. His bright blue eyes always reminded me of the beach now they just look like blue paint on a wall that  that withered away. 

"What's your family name?" He asked. 

Keva kept her eyes on the wooden desk that was chipped away and replied with "Harlis"

"Interesting." he said while walking around the table. "Are you family to Madeline?" 

"Yes.." she stuttered, "Why?"

"Explains A lot, We were engaged."

"Way to go dad..You don't drop bombs like that on people." I stated. The look that lingered in her eyes were unreadable. 

"How u mean engaged?" she questioned with curiosity. 

"Well engaged means I went on one knee.. proposed then we kissed and--"

"I get that," she said cutting off my father "but I meant how you guys knew each other."

My father took a seat opposite us and cleared his throat. His faced showed no emotion but his eyes said different.

"We were in college, young and dumb. She had big dreams of being a doctor because of that special skill she had, she could've saved lives and prevent someone from a awful cold." He said chuckling to himself, "I on the other hand wanted to be a engineer – I was obsessed with cars, motorcycles anything u call with wheels. How did we meet u may ask... It was coming to the end of October and fall was beginning, the leaves on the trees fell while I was below my red Chevy changing the oils and I got up and bumped my head on the bumper while she was passing."

The look on his face marked whipped. I can't believe he's talking about how they met and how he was in love with my girl friend's aunt but couldn't even share a glance with my mother at my first birthday party.

"I yelled out and I saw this slim long legged chick walked up to me with concern written all over her face, she wore a red strap dress with a black and white plaid jacket over it and white ankle socks with white converse. Her hair was coloured a dark red at that time with a leather cap on and on her lips she wore a black distinct lipstick that brought out her eyes surprisingly."

Keva look so taken by this story that she didn't even realize I was tugging at her upper thighs. Ariel on the other hand looked unbothered and continued to scribble in her notebook and roll her eyes every now and then at the story hoping he would get it over with it.

"She ran up to me and knelt down and removed a first aid kit from her bag to attend my small bump that appeared on my forehead but may I remind u I didn't ask but she did it out of kindness. She chuckled at me and we made conversation so I asked her on a date and she said yes. A few dates later I asked her to be my girlfriend and it was history. We were in college for 3 years and it was coming down to the last year she was turning 20 and I was turning 21 and two months before graduation I proposed to her." He said smiling widely, " I took her to dinner and we were driving and I pretend that the car shut down and got out and went to inspect the problem before I shouted out in fake pain. She came running as I expected and and pulled out a first aid kit asking where hurt and I told her my heart. She seem confused at first and I made her stand before I gave her a first aid kit with a 24k carrot diamond ring inside and her face expression was priceless, I will never forget it."

"So why aren't you guys together now?" Keva asked.

"Well after graduation we were planning to move in together but she had to go back home to her mother to tell her the news and the day she returned she caught me kissing Kate who is Nehemiah mother." He responded with a devastating looking.

Curiosity got the best of me so I asked "Why?"

"I don't know but I felt a force over me then and Madeline eyes turned purple and then they soften back up with tears over whelming her eyes and gave me back the ring – I never got a chance to explain to her because she couldn't be found nowhere."

"Tragic." I spat out earning a glare from Keva and Ariel.

"I wasn't finished though," my father said snapping his fingers. "A few years ago she resurfaced a whole new look, she had purple or gray hair I couldn't recall and she wasn't so slim anymore but fully grown with hips but she maintained the weight with her height. She wore a black pencil skirt and a red button up shirt whose sleeves were rolled up to show off her biceps. I don't know how she found me but she did and it was during Nehemiah christening and she saw me with him and Kate."

My father gave a hearty laugh before continuing. "Her facial expression was very scary and I must admit she still looked nice. The power that flowed through her blood got stronger and she froze time and everything expect my heart. She came up to me and told me to prepare because the aliens are coming, I acted lost because I didn't recall telling my plans but she scared me shitless and before I could blink she was gone."

"She never told me all this Sir.." Keva said looking down at her fingernails.

"I knew she wouldn't and I find it best you leave now." He said coldly before pointing at the door.

I gathered myself and helped Keva out her chair before shooting my father a disappointing look but why I'm I not surprised he just cared about power because he banished his own son at age 16 from the kingdon because I wouldn't help him fight the war.

It still lingered at the back of my mind while I walked up the stairs ascending back to earth shielding Keva eyes so she won't be weak when we return.

She was a alien and she kept it a secret.