Chapter 21

August 24th

Third Person Pov.

----------------

The months went by fast and now there was one day left until the war between Demons and Aliens. It was combat day for everyone. There was no gallivanting here and there. The streets were hectic, humans fled to every store to prepare themselves for what's to come. The demons were burning up their practice dummies which resulted in the earth's trembling below everyone's feet above. The Trigang aliens were slicing through each wall they got thrown in their face. Everyone speed had to be fast, Each punch must be tight, Everyone must stand tall and ready to fall for their nation.

Keva showed up to training late and the outcome was not breakfast but a bowl of demands and nasty remarks from her aunt.

'' I don't care if you break a arm today and leg tomorrow, You will shed skin and regenerate yourself and rejoin the war! " she screamed at the top of her lungs. Everyone who trained felt intense even the personal trainer Gavin had tears pouring out of him.

Ms. Peculiar went around handing everyone a petite bottle with each a different label. She explained it was time everyone regain their powers they came to earth with. One by one everyone gulped down the liquid. Gavin started glowing and regenerating everyone who was hurt. Kalia started twitching, her eyes moved swiftly around. She was gifted with the power of Supernatural senses and Astral Possession. Christian had the power of Power Replication. Shane the soon to be husband he claimed the power of Cloaking, Plant Manipulation and Super speed. Keva had the power of Elemental Manipulation, Light manipulation and inherited Disintegration from her mother. Below the demons obtain the power of fire, super speed, earth manipulations but only the royal family had the extra power of telekinesis within them.

Christian and Shane were excessively using their powers. Shane would manipulate roses torn and send it flying towards Christian or Christian would replicate Shane power of super speed and dodge it. They were like two boys playing with a ball but instead serious power weaponry.

------------------

Later that day Ms Peculiar dismissed everyone and gave them instructions to rest up for tomorrow. Kalia and Christian walked out hand in hand while Shane remained behind to taunt with Keva. She tried to ignore him but it made no sense knowing she was to marry this handsome curse of a man. Shane insisted he gives her a drop back home and she agreed.

It was funny she didn't expect them to have so much similar interests. They were so caught up in each other they drove passed her house twice. He eventually came to a stop and they sat on the hood of his car and told jokes until the moon started shinning down. Everything seemed so right in place to Keva but something was missing. She didn't want to admit the truth that this will be her future with Shane and not Nehemiah but she didn't denied it neither.

Shane kissed her goodnight before leaving something he didn't do the other night. She sat on the curb of her driveway with her phone in the palm of her hands hoping for a message from him. She stared intensely at the screen of her phone and trailed her finger across his name. The night went by slowly for her but that didn't mean it went same for the others.

Christian and Kalia were loose. It was there last night on earth and what better way to enjoy together. They were on the beach, Christian manipulating the waves to please Kalia just to see that smile on her face.

Ms. Peculiar spent her last night at her office rediscovering old feelings through old photographs from college. She knew this would be her last time on earth and everything else. She wanted no family, friends with her during this time.

Nehemiah spent his night coop up at his grimy home. He knew what he was giving up on. but he did it for a good cause. It would hurt to stand up in front of her, staring into her dark brown eyes and taking her life. He knew how the war ended. Keva and him against each other. Two hearts, Two swords, Their eyes locked on one another and One victorious standing opponent. Therefore he asked his father to take away his one downfall and that was his love for her.