Chapter 8

Sipping her fancy bubbly water she straightened out her black pencil skirt and walked towards her desk while clearing her throat.

" Begin, " I stated.

" It all started when I was 17. I just finished school, everything was great you know. I took a break from school then I turned 18. Yippy party time right? Well you guessed wrong. That's when it all fell. Grandma Peggy aka Peregrine my mother, ruler of all Trigang's she trained me all for this. I didn't want to but I had to. "

" Why? " I asked.

" As you may know there's your mother and me, How come she didn't get to do this job instead of me...Well I can't answer that honestly. I hated her for it but you may see it as sibling rivalry but it was more than that. Grandma Peg died that night of my re-carnation so I can take over for her. "

Leaving me at suspense I leaned forward in the chair while staring into her eyes. " I killed her! " she shouted while cackling. The air around us became thick and her sudden mood changed had my heart beating as fast as African drums.

" I had to because the number one rule in trigang law kill all who may rise up against you and I felt threatened by her, On the other hand my old sweet heart sister couldn't bare the news of her poor old mother in her death bed so soon. " Walking around the desk she came and stood behind me and kissed the top of my head while caressing my back " I couldn't even enjoy my life from then on with your mother behind nagging me about my poor choices, So we made a deal. You for the good of our country. "

Feeling a sting from the touch of my aunt's hand I realized we weren't in her office anymore but back home.

" Mom " I shouted " Mommy I'm home! "

" Stupid Child, What was all your training for? We have gone back in the past, Shut up and watch. "

-----------

I saw a young woman around my age stormed into the room with her long gray hair sweeping the marble floor. " Madeline stop running away from your responsibility as leader. " she called out to a next young woman but this time her hair was in a high pony tail with red highlights. They were both stunning and slim yet tall.

" Why don't you take over then since you stand there at my side criticizing my choices, " she spat back at the gray haired woman. Knowing that's my mother but she looked so different now without all her long hair and her small size she carried back then.

" I don't criticize your choices, I just try to guard you on the right path, It's what mother would wanted. "

" It's what mother would wanted. " she mocked back " Bullshit! she isn't here so it's not what mother would want but what I may want if I must remind you. "

Sighing I looked up towards my aunt but she seem to be caught in a next past event since her eyes are shut. Paying close attention to my mother I can't read her face expression. I don't know if she's feeling remorse for her sister or not.

" Madeli-

" Call me Ms. Pericular please, " she said correcting my mother. " Lets make a deal. " That sinister smiled never left her face after those four words escaped from her lips.

" What do you have in mind sister? "

" Since your life is so ever perfect, A little love life and a soon to be bare child.. and yes you are going to have a child and you're going to conceive tonight. " Turning around to face my mother smiling sweetly and walking towards her. " I know all about your secret meeting tonight in the South Garden to your mister Sher and to give him your virginity before you're even married. "