A tight grip

Disclaimer. . . . . .

I tried to get the dates to make sense. If you've read the other chapters then you would know that Jack Bentham (These are not actual facts, I made them up) was 16 when Miss Peregrine was 11. I'm not entirely sure these dates will match up as I'm not really good at basic math. Lol. Hopefully they will a little sense! These are oneshots so screw it. I'm not even going to bother. Haha. Y/n is your name. The rest follows.

Miss Peregrine's POV

Eleanor Genivieve Bentham.

Time Of Death:

11:37 pm 17th January 1889.

Cause of death:

Blunt force trauma.

Phillip Oakley Bentham.

Time Of Death:

11:35 pm 17th January 1889.

Cause Of Death:

Blunt Force Trauma.

I look down at the heavy, yellowing parchment with misty eyes. My parents were murdered by a normal man, in the middle of the night. I was only young but somehow I can still remember their screams. He came with a mineral the size of a gas lamp and... I wasn't told until I was about 10 years old. It killed me to know it. Slowly their cries invaded my sleep.

I know Jack and Myron would not have gotten me out of the house and into safety if they knew what the future held. They would have left me to be killed. They choose one path, I choose the opposite. At the table there is no family.

Your POV

Miss Passerine knocks on the door, whilst tears stream down your face. They killed your parents. A woman opens the door. She has jet black hair with striking blue streaks and gray-blue eyes.

"Louise, how lovely to see you," she says. She looks over at me and her face falls sympathetically. "Do come in,"

She leads us into a beautiful living room and you learn her name is Miss Peregrine.

"And who might this be?" Miss Peregrine asks.

"This is Holly Elswood, she just found out she was peculiar a few days ago," says Miss Passerine.

Miss Peregrine looks between the two of you. Them she tells you to stay here whilst she talks to Miss Passerine.

Miss Peregrine's POV

I lead the way to the kitchen.

"Her parents were murdered by normals, 3 of them. She barely got out," Says Louise.

A rush of familiarity rips through my body.

"Alma, are you alright?"

"Of course, yes I'm fine," I breathe.

Louise must be on her way. She leaves and I sit down to Holly, who stares into the misty abyss.

"Holly, I understand what you are feeling. My parents were murdered by a normal man also. We all have to grieve but then we need to let go, " I say.

Your POV

Her parents were killed by normals? The ymbryne who I have come to live with knows what it feels like? It's like a a miracle, a dream.

You shift on the sofa and thank Miss Peregrine.

And gradually, you let go.

A/n Again I want to thank onepeculiarchild for all the help. You're the best! Also there is the start of a fantastic story called 'Break Her' written by DragonQueen90. It's fantastic!!! There is also another great story called 'Stay Alive' by MadhouseImagines, which is awesome too! You guys should definitely go check them out, they're really good!

Love ya.... B