My sunshine

Diclaimer: Song belongs to the singer and writer.

A/n I know this is like a lot of my others but honestly I'm open to requests. I'm probrably going to say this every time, but again a huge thanks to onepeculiarchild and Saesae12345. You guys rock.

Miss Peregrine's POV

Lying awake in bed, I wonder if all the choices I have made have been right. The children have been asleep for hours. It's 2:56 am according to my pocket watch. Should I have done more to save Victor? Yes. Could I have done more to save Victor? Yes. Am I to blame? Yes. Do the children blame me? No, thank the lord. What I would do if the children hated me too. As question the past, I feel a tug on my sleeve. I turn to find Claire with tears running down her pretty little face.

She must have had a nightmare. I pull her up onto my lap. She hugs into my chest sobbing. Ever since Victor I've been a lot more open toward the children, no longer restraining. Claire starts to play with my hair, breathing heavily.

"Wights were coming for me. Just like the one when I first came here, the big man wight who chased me here, " she sniffles into my neck.

I should have protected her against these horrors. How silly of me to believe that once the danger had passed, everything would be fine. Oh, how terribly wrong I was.

"I'm so sorry, darling. It's my fault," I reply sombrly.

"Sorry? Miss Peregrine, how could it possibly be your fault? It cannot. It's just my subconscious mind talking to me while I sleep. That's no one's fault, don't worry," she says firmly, still tears falling. "And, oh Miss P. They killed you. And you...y...you had blood all...o...o...over you. I ...could...couldn't stand it, t...to think...you were g...gone," she says, breaking into full-blown sobs again. The poor darling, she must be terrified.

"Shhh, just go to sleep," I whisper. Then I start to sing a lullaby.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

The other night, dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamt I held you in my arms
When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
So I hung my head, and I cried

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

I'll always love you and make you happy
If you will only say the same
But if you leave me to love another,
You'll regret it all one day

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

Please don't take my sunshine away"

And soon enough she is fast asleep.

A/n I cried while writing this. My mum used to sing it to me. I found it on YouTube and kept having flashbacks. So sad.

Thanks to everyone reading this. It means a lot.