The shadow of a light

Disclaimer. . . . . . .

Bronwyn's POV

Oh, how I miss him, Victor. I just wish the whole wight and hollow ordeal had not happened. I'm sure everyone else feels the same. But I think Miss P is affected the most. She hasn't been the same since his death. Quite frankly, I'm worried sick about her. Miss Peregrine is so much more distant sometimes.

I hope with all my heart she is okay. I even talk to Emma about it.

Emma and I sit on a sofa, where we are in full view of Miss P, who is sitting at the kitchen table gazing at nothing.

"Do you think Miss Peregrine is okay?" I ask Emma.

"No, no I don't," she states staring at Miss P.

"Do you know what is wrong with her?"

"She's scared and she doubts and blames herself for what happened to Victor. She thinks that she won't be able to protect us all if the time comes again," she replies.

"But we know she will. We should show her that. Don't you agree?"

"Of course, although I'm not so sure it will make her any better. Maybe we should just talk to her, only you and I. Not all the children," she suggests.

"When?"

"Now,"

Slowly we approach Miss P. She looks up, forlornly smiling. We sit down and Emma takes her hand, which was resting atop the table, and puts it in her own.

"Miss P, Bronwyn and I are very worried about you," Emma says, sombrly.

"Why is that, dear?" She asks.

"Because you...you have been sad and distant ever since Victor," I say.

Miss Peregrine's POV

"Well, I can be sad, can I not?" I ask.

"Yes, but we don't want you to get depression or something horrible like that," Emma says.

"Dear, I think that time has already past," I tell her, not wanting to be untruthful. I pick at my cuticles as the shock and fear creeps onto their faces.

"No, it can't....you can't. Please Miss," Bronwyn pleads while the tears fall down her face.

"Miss Peregrine, we just wanted you to know that we believe in you and that there was nothing else you could do to save Victor and if there was you would have done it," says Emma. "We love you,"

"Thank you all, really. I just wish we still had Victor. Oh, it's all my fault," I say, getting up to leave.

But Emma keeps a firm hold on my wrists. Her eyes tell me to sit back down. She telps me it's most certainly not my fault.

"It's affecting all of us. We're scared of what it might do to you. So please, Miss P, let it go. You're amazing and each and everyone of us appreciate you. Thank you," Emma says.

Emma's POV

Ever since we talked to Miss Peregrine she has been better, not normal, but much, much better. And finally all is well.

Until one morning we can't find her.

A/n you decide what happens from there on. I hope that was good. I had utterly no idea what to write. I cannot believe that was 500 words!!! Ok, yeah that's not much...

Next chapter will be happy. When I wrote this the ending for me she was in town getting some things but you guys can do whatever.

☺☺☺ ciao