Explanations

Chapter 34- Explanations

I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling.

"What reasons could Jace possibly have to cheat?" I asked myself.

There was a knock on my door before it opened. Cole walked inside and smiled at me.

"Hey kitten how you doin?" Cole asked me and I rolled my eyes showing my smile.

"You believe that in the five minutes you left I'd change how I'm doing?" I asked him but chuckled nonetheless.

"You never know." He answered shrugging his shoulders. I laid back down and Cole lay down next to me. I snuggle in to him as he wraps his arms around me.

I never want to let go of Cole. I feel so safe in his arms like this. I breathe in his scent and sigh I'm content. I can easily get high off his scent of the forest, yet I can smell a hint of berries. Or is it vanilla?

My door swings open but I close my eyes tighter snuggling into Cole.

Cole shifts and I feel him go stiff and tense.

"Cole?" I ask him as he starts to let go of his hold on me. I look at the door to see who barged in without knocking.

I gasp and feel hurt all over again. Why is he here?! Who does he think he is barging into my room like that!?

"What do you want Jace?" I question him trying to keep any emotion off my face.

"I want to talk Ellie." He answered right away, seeming determined to talk. If he thinks I'm gonna let him explain he's got another thing coming. I don't care for what he has to say. I broke up with him... Even if he was two timing while we were dating.

"I don't want to." I said to him keeping my emotions in check. I looked over at Cole and felt relief wash over me. I'm glad Cole won't leave me or abandon me at a time like this.

Jace cleared his throat and I turned my attention back to him. I have a pointed look at the door and Jace sighed. He ran his hand through his hair.

Cole lets go of me completely and steps closer to Jace. They mutter something to each other and Cole looks at me apologetically. I look at him worriedly already guessing what's to come.

Cole is leaving me here with Jace.

Cole walked to the door and looked back at me once. I stared at him pleading him to not leave with my eyes. He looked pained and sad walking out the door.

I looked over at Jace and inched closer, and closer to the door. Maybe if I get close enough I can leave him.

I turned around completely giving up on trying to be subtle. I took a few steps to the door and as I reached to open it, I was pushed against the door. I gasped and turned around to face Jace.

I looked down at the floor refusing to look him in the eyes.

"Ellie, look at me, please." Jace begged me.

I refused and saw him inch closer to me.i lowered my head even more. Suddenly I felt his lips on mine an I was overcome with his taste. Overcome with his feelings and how desperate he was. So when he asked for permission I hesitated but eventually gave in.

I kissed him back, and not only shocked Jace but myself too.i pulled away and pushed Jace slightly.

"No Jace..." I trailed off. I pushed him farther and looked him in the eyes.

"I'll listen." I told him and sat down on my bed. I crossed my legs and stared at the floor.

Jace sat down next to me and I waited for him to begin.

Jace didn't start talking so I looked up to see him staring at me. His hand reached forward an stroke my cheek gently.

I cleared my throat and he seemed to snap out of it.

"Sorry, lets see were to begin. Well, Melanie and I started dating about an year ago. Before dating we were best friends. A few months after we started dating I wanted to break up with her. But she was against it 100% even though she knew I didn't like her at all, or feel anything for her other than a friendship. The next month I didn't talk to her at all, and going to different schools worked to my advantage. At school I would always see you laughing with your friends and being, just you in general. I guess I really wanted to get to know you, and you could even go as far as saying I had a crush on you then, before I even knew you." He stopped and looked up at me. He sent me a smile and I wasn't sure what emotion he held.

So Jace liked me before we met, guess that explains why he was so nice when he saw me crying.

"Okay, go on." I said so he could know I was following along.

"When I met you that day, and you were crying I thought it was my chance to make you smile and laugh like you do at school with your friends. I already knew why you were crying, I was around to here you and James. I just thought... Well... Maybe I can make you like me or at least be friends with me. And that day we almost kissed I stopped because you looked so shocked and I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do. I wasn't even sure if you liked me. Then I went and confessed when I finally had the courage to do so. Boy, am I glad I did. That whole time I didn't talk to Melanie and I was sure she moved on. In fact I forgot all about her, you were the only thing I thought about. " he paused and ran his had through his hair.

I didn't know how to respond to that, so I just nodded my head an looked at him for him to continue.

"Then we went to lake compound and that was the first time in months Melanie's name was mentioned. So the next day I called Melanie and told her I wanted to break up, I didn't like her at all and I liked someone else. She didn't take it well, and she told me, this is just a phase, you still like me and we're still dating. She ended the call and left me confused. I kept pestering her to break up, but she kept denying it like it was nothing. So I planned to go to England were she lives, and tell her face to face the we are breaking up. I didn't want to go but I knew if I didn't she would think we were still dating. When you broke up with me, I was going to break up with Melanie the next day but I was so caught up in coming back and getting to you I forgot about Melanie. So that led up to our park meeting.

"I swear I wasn't cheating, I didn't like her and I wanted to break up with Melanie and I tried multiple times. You've seen her personality. The whole time we were dating I only kissed you and only cared for you Ellie. Can't go you see Ellie, I love you."

I have to admit his explanations changed a whole lot. But I'm still not getting back with him. He could've told me! I would've understood like that! That way I would at least be a little prepared.

He can't say those words to me. He doesn't have the right! Once upon a time is said that to him and what did he say? He didn't say it back, that's for sure.

"You can't say those words." I told him glaring at his nose. I'm not looking in to his eyes.

"Why not? It's the truth." He said leaning a little closer to me.

"What did you do when I told you I loved you?" I asked him and he looked away.

"You didn't say anything and after a while you said okay. Just OKAY! Do you have any idea how infuriating that was for me? How much it hurt." I told him, jabbing him in the chest.

"I was surprised! I wasn't sure how strong your feelings for me were. And then I said okay. You didn't let me finish. I called you back to tell you I loved you too. And everything about you that I loved." He told me sadness in his eyes.

"Whatever, it's not important anymore." I told him looking down at my hands.

"Ellie, yes it is. If two people love each other they should be together." He said, caressing me cheek.

"Oh, I'll come back later. I'll be downstairs Ellie." Cole said, as he walked back out of the room looking at the floor. Wow, could Cole pick a moment to enter.

I backed away from Jace and i simply said, "no".

"No?"

"I don't want to get back together." I told him sternly.

Jace sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Well, can we at least be friends?" He questioned.

"I guess if its the least I could do... I'm kidding, I'd like that. A lot." I said smiling. I hugged Jace and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

Cole opened the door, "Hey Ellie, Hayden wants you downstairs." He poked his head through the door and saw us hugging. I quickly let go of Jace but he held on.

"Let go, it lasted long enough don't you think?" I told him and smiled to show him i was playing around. Jace let go. I walked over to Cole and sent him a smile.

I reached the steps and soon after Cole was behind me.

"Did you really get back together with him?" He asked me.

"No, why? Are you jelly?" I asked him teasingly.

"Of course I am." Cole replied so straight forward and with so much feeling. He looked Into my eyes and I felt a blush color my cheeks.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me, tomorrow?" He asked me and I smiled.

"Yeah, why wouldn't i?" He smiled at my response and leaned in slowly giving me time to back away. I didn't.

"Hey guys!" Jace yelled from the top of the stairs. Cole backed away at the same time I did. A scowl took place on his face.

"Shouldn't you be heading home?" Cole asked his brother.

"I guess we should go together then." Jace smiled smugly and Cole muttered something.

"Well, I'll walk you guys to the door an go see what Hayden wanted." I told them and they nodded.

"Bye bye baby cakes! Bye Jace!" I told them waving excitedly. Wow my personality did a whole 180 compared to earlier today.

"See you tomorrow? 6?" Cole asked smiling widely.

"Yup!" I replied nodding my head.

I walked into the kitchen in search for Hayden.