Meeting Up

Chapter 5-Meeting up

      The bell rang signaling us to go to lunch.

     I walked out of class with spencer following behind me.

     After lunch yesterday Hannah, Taty and chastity were so excited for me to spill on how I know Jace. Chastity still has that crush on him so she called "dibs" on Jace.

     Spencer put his arm on my shoulder almost crashing me into the wall. We laughed at each other hysterically before he let me go.

     "So Flores, see you at lunch I guess." I chuckled there spencer goes calling me by my last name again like he always does, but then again so do I.

     "See you there, Stone!" I yelled as I was walking away sending him a wave.

     I approached my locker and someone tapped my head.

     "Hey Ellie."

     I turned around raising an eyebrow at Jace.

     "Hey Jace!" I smiled at him brightly. 

     He looked like he wanted to tell me something but he looked afraid. I chuckled.

     "What do you wanna talk about??" Jace shrugged.

    "I can't sit with you at lunch today I may have 'detention'. But we can meet up later on."

     I nodded and smiled at him anyways. I closed my locker and turned around so I could now fully face him.

     "Detention huh? Here I thought you were absolutely perfect." Jace faked hurt.

     "Of course I'm perfect, I just have to help Mr. Pagan carry some boxes and stuff." I pushed his shoulder lightly and we walked down the hall in a comfortable silence.

     We smiled at each other one last time before we parted ways.

     I walked through the cafeteria doors and made my way to my usual table. Everyone was already at the table as I took my usual seat next to Spencer and Kevin. Tatyanna sits right next to Kevin on his left.

     Tatyanna, Spencer  and Chastity started talking about anything new. I zoned out and turned to Kevin.

     "Hey sis, what's up?" Kevin and me think of each other as close siblings. I've gotten along with him so well since the moment we met.

     "Nothing important you?" I pushed him lightly.

     "I'm finally going to that festival I told you about with Taty." Kevin have me a wide grin.

     "Really, that's awesome!" Kevin pushed me back.

     "Yup, and thanks to you!" Kevin said popping the 'p'.

     We continued pushing each other, slowly increasing the strength. Eventually Kevin pushed me a little too hard and I pushed spence.

     Spencer fell off his seat landing on the ground with a groan. Me and Kevin chuckled until spencer got up glaring at us.

     "Flores, Kevin it's payback time." He smiled at us mischievously and practically shoved us.

     Tatyanna and Kevin fell while I stayed sitting standing my ground. My eyes widened and spencer smiled.

     "I would run if I was you, Flores." I quickly grabbed my stuff and made my escape. Thankfully the bell rung as I made my way to gym.

__________________________

     I unlocked the door to the house Hayden behind me.

     Hayden gave me a hug as he took both of our bags upstairs.

     I walked into the kitchen to make lunch for the little ones. I smiled at that name. Christina and Phil are going to stay at work even later tonight, reasons unknown.

     I decided to make the little ones a nice warm soup deciding it was good and easy to make. I smiled to myself. 

     I heard someone come in so I turned around. Gwen walked right through with a groan. I sighed, when will we get along.

     I heard a thump coming from the door as I slowly made my way there. I was surprised and astonished of the sight before me.

     James was leaning on the door barely standing up. He was bleeding on his lip, eyebrow, and knuckles. I guess he got into a fight. I sighed, we haven't talked much since that rainy day. And I still don't know what he told Hayden.

     I walked up to James and helped Him get to his room, up 3 flights of stairs. I gave up hope on his bag on the 1st flight of stairs. James would groan every now and then from the pain.

     "You shouldn't be getting in to fights, James. It makes me worry!" I told him as I was cleaning and wrapping his wounds. He groaned in pain and shrugged.

     "Just leave it." And I did as I walked out and let him be alone.

     I don't get it. Sure me and Hayden were always close but now James just can't even stand seeing me. We used to be kind of like how Jace and I are now, except James doesn't even want to talk with me.

     I walked down stairs and as I reached the last step the little one came running through the door. I smiled as Dylan hid behind me from Avery. Avery looked playfully angry as her hair was messed up. I can take a pretty good guess on what Dylan did.

      "Ellie, hide me from her. Please." I smiled an chuckled at how he practically begged me.

    "Fine."

     I carefully kept Dylan hidden from Avery as I walked into the kitchen with him. I turned around and squealed.

     "Oh hey, Ellie!"

      There was Hayden sitting in all Calmness on the floor as i almost died. He was sitting down eating some of the soup I made.

     "FOUND YOU DYLAN!!" Avery yelled as she ran after him. Hayden and I chuckled.

     "How'd you get down here." I asked him suspiciously.

     Hayden shrugged and kept eating.

     I got a text as my phone buzzed. I looked at it to see it was from Jace. I smiled as I read his text,

     'Hey Ellie,

   Can you meet me at our 'secret spot' in 10?'

    I replied sure of my answer.

     'Absolutely :)'

    I went towards the stairs but walked back into the kitchen.

     "Hayden, can you give the little ones some soup? I'm heading out too!"

     Hayden nodded and kept eating in a peaceful yet comfortable silence.

     I took my coat and mittens, shrugging them on as I head out the door.

     I got to Walmart in about 9 minutes. As I approached our secret spot I smiled to myself. I could already see Jace in there. I chuckled at how cute and funny he looks.

     WAIT, CUTE! I have no idea where that came from. I just shook my head and pushed myself through the racks of clothes.