First Date

Chapter 9- First Date!

    As school let out I walked outside. I spotted James and Hayden and ran to them.

     "Hey guys!" I shouted at them. They turned around surprised at my out burst. All day I had to be quiet because I was under everyone's watchful eyes.

     "Hey Ellie!!" They both shouted back. I was standing with them and they started arguing about something.

     We began walking home as they kept arguing leaving me completely out.

     James looked down at me and put his arm on my shoulders. He gave me a cheeky mischievous  smile and pushed me!

     As I was about to fall Hayden grabbed my wrist pulling me back up.

     "Sorry about that, my hand must've slipped." James and Hayden both chuckled hiding something. I glared at them.

     "I thought you guys were mad at each other!" James shrugged.

     "We were and we're not anymore." Hayden responded while James was playing with his fingers.

     "And he apologized for just attacking me that day." Hayden said pointing at James accusingly. James swatted away his hand.

     "When did that happen?" I spoke my thoughts.

     "Last week, the day after when I found you crying and I threw you on your bed."

     "You were crying last week? Why??" Hayden looked at me questioningly.

     "Yeah but it was for something stupid." I shrugged and looked down.

     They both nodded and dropped it as we entered the house. Strangely enough the little ones were already inside and it was a mess.

     Alice was laying on the couch while Mae and Avery jumped around dogging the floor. Dylan and Lucas were fighting for the remote shouting and screaming. There were pillows on the ground and there jackets scattered here and there. The volume on the T.V was at its max.

      Dylan and Lucas let go of the control and it flew striking a photo breaking the glass and causing it to fall. It was like they just noticed we were there and everything got quiet as Hayden unplugged the flat screen T.V.

     "Uh oh.. We're in huge trouble aren't we?"

     I nodded and they all yelled except for Alice. They ran away to hide.

     I turned looking at both James and Hayden. I smiled at them innocently.

     "Good luck guys, I have to go get ready, I'm going out soon." They both groaned and I escaped to the safety of my room.

~20 mins later~

     I looked into the mirror at my fixed up self.

     I was wearing a white chiffon shirt with dark skinny jeans. I had on my black furry boots and I had light make up on. My usual unruly hair was in soft delicate curls. I put on my black button up sweater and was ready to go out with Jace.

     I looked at my phone to see it was 4:28. I grabbed my coat and walked downstairs. James and Hayden were watching T.V while Gwen walked out of the kitchen eating a banana.

     She glared at me leaning on the arch way. What's her problem?

     "Wow you clean up nicely, Ellie." I turned to look at James.

     "It's an important outing, so yeah." I smiled and shrugged. Truth be told I was extremely nervous.

     The door bell rung and I walked to the door. Seeing Jace I quickly took his hand and rushed to a safe distance of the house.