Going Public

Chapter 8- Going Public

     I walked downstairs ready for Friday.

     "Hey, Hayden! I'm not gonna walk with you this morning, I'm getting a ride." Hayden looked up in the middle of devouring a waffle.

     He took a sip of milk and nodded.

     "Okay, I guess it's only me and James then." I nodded and he took out his phone most likely texting James.

     We heard a honk an I smiled, looking out the window. Hayden looked out too and chuckled.

     "Getting a ride from lover boy, huh?" He smiled at me and I chuckled.

     "Yup and were dating now. I just want to tell you that before hand!" I said as I was walking out the door.

     When I got to the car Jace was already out, ready to greet me.

     We smiled at each other silly. He embraced me in a tight hug whispering good morning in my ear. His hot breath tickles my ear as he said it.

     I kissed his cheek and he opened the door for me.

    "Good morning Jace." I told him when he was in the car.

     "Ready to make this public?" I chuckled.

     "I have to admit I'm extremely nervous, to face the whole school but at least I'm not alone."

     "You know this is the first time I'm going to be seen with a girl in public. Not a rumored one either." He's right and that isn't helping at all.

     Too late now we're already parked in front of school and some people are now even staring. 

     I gathered all the courage and confidence I have left and opened the door on my left. Stepping out I met Jace at the front. He held my hand like a gentleman and I could hear murmurs and whispers already.

     I smiled at Jace nervously and he squeezed my hand. Walking to the front doors seems like an impossible task to do.

     When we finally got in Jace pulled me in for a hug but instead gave me a peck on the lips.

     As we turned around every one in the halls were either gasping or had their mouths wide open. I blushed profoundly.

     "I can't believe you just did that in front of everyone. Now their staring." I lightly hit Jace on othe shoulder and Jace chuckled at my response.

     "They would've stared anyways, why not give them something to talk about?" He shrugged. We walked to my locker and he leaned in to peck me on the lips again. This time I turned and he kissed my cheek.

     "Fine, hey do you want to go some where after school?"

     "Sure at our usual?"

     "No I want to take you somewhere special and we can talk, so can I pick you up at like, 4:30?" I nodded.

     "Awesome! Can't wait, you'll love it!" He walked away grinning like an idiot.

     I turned around and walked to math class. I'm sure, I'm going to be questioned by my friends about this. Big Time!