Facing The Truth

Chapter 7- Facing The Truth

~1week later~

After a whole month my feelings for Jace have grown, a lot. I've seen him at least 3 times a week out of school at Walmart.

After that almost kiss we shared we haven't spoken or done anything romance related, for which I'm not so glad for. I'm agonized knowing we can't be more than friends.

I also, found out that all those past rumored girlfriends were all just that. Rumored. And then this talk led to jace groaning in something like pain. This is what leads to our now present conversation and right outside my home.

Jace Grey asking me out.

"Ellie, I can't keep this in any longer. It just tortures me to no end knowing I like you more then a friend yet I can't have you, because you don't like me, do you?" Jace sounded so unsure of himself.

I had no idea what to say. The most popular and hottest guy in school thinks I don't like him. WOW, is he obvious!

"Jace how stupid can you be? Of course I like you I just thought you didn't like me. You can pick any girl out there and I'm sure they'll be jumping for joy just because you talked to them." I smiled at him sheepishly. Jace's eyes widened.

"I don't want any of those girls, I just want you." He paused slightly.

"Then since we now know we like each other, more them friends," he looked at me for approval to which I nodded.

"Ellie do you want to be my girlfriend?" My eyes widened and I could feel myself blush as Jace was blushing too.

"I'd love to, Jace!" I hugged Jace tightly as he held on to my waist. He seemed surprised at first but hugged me tightly in a fragile sort of way.

It's comforting to know he's there.