Distant Goodbyes

Chapter 26- Distant Goodbyes

Jace is leaving today. Today I won't be seeing him at all since his flight leaves during school hours.

"Ellie you ready to leave yet?" Hayden knocked on the door and I slipped on my converse. I've decided to wear a mid thigh black jean skirt with an aqua tank top. Today is going to be really hot so I guess I'm good.

"Yeah, be right out!" I called grabbing my bag. I heard Hayden's retreating steps and I grabbed my iPod. I slipped on my bag and opened my door making my way to the stairs.

"Okay I'm good!" I exclaimed running down the stairs.

"FINALLY!" James yelled making me laugh.

"Oh shut up, Jamie-baby!" I told James and he pushed me lightly.

"You guys are so WEIRD!" Hayden told us and I gasped.

"Weird is good." James said and I laughed.

"Yeah, who wants to be normal!" I added and Hayden laughed picking me up quickly and settling me in his arms.

"Hey!" I exclaimed playfully hitting him.

"Put me down!" I said laughing at the same time. Hayden did as I said and put me down.

"Well, it's about time I get with ma peeps!" James yelled and walked away with Hayden.

"Hey guys." I smiled sadly when the realization hit me. I'm not going to see Jace today, but being with James and Hayden gets it off my mind. But now his departure is back in place.

"Someone's a little sad." Chastity mocked me. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Not in the mood." I tell her looking down.

"Well, too bad." She replies smirking at me and flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Then shut up." I say quietly so only she can hear, but mad at the same time. Chastity rolls her eyes and turns to walk away.

You know what, I never noticed how much of a bitch she was before. She's always smirking and mocking me. Hoe.

"Ellie!" Spencer yells coming towards me. He hides behind me even though he's like 6 feet and way taller than me. Hannah comes running after him shouting to give her iPod back. I quietly and sneakily try to maneuver my way around them to get away but spencer holds me in place.

"Spencer let go!" I yell and spencer shakes his head. I see Cole laughing from the corner of my eye and I glare at him playfully mouthing "hate you".

"What did I do!" Cole yelled bewilderment clear on his face. The whole time Hannah was pushing me and screaming at spencer for her iPod back.

The bell rang and I tried to get away from them. I gave up and instead took the iPod making them both stop.

"Shame on you Spencer!" I yell and hand Hannah the iPod walking away with Cole.

~

I felt my phone vibrate and took it out to see I have a new message. I look up to make sure Ms. Cianna isn't looking and I pull out my phone. We're supposed to be independently reading but I finished The Hunger Games 20 minutes ago with nothing to do.

I decrease the brightness and let my book shield my phone. I open up the text and see its from Jace.

'I miss you soo much, I don't want to board this stupid plane! :( HELP!'

The message makes me smile and I look at Ms. Cianna to see her speaking with someone, her back to me. I quickly respond,

'I miss u lots! I don't want u to go either but it's what ur 'rents want... :( '

"Okay class, put your books down and begin to clean up. Bell rings in two minutes." Ms. Cianna gives a heads up and sits back in her chair. I quickly put everything in my bag and walk over to Cole and spencer who are joking around.

I sigh and look at my phone to see another text. Eager to see if its Jace I click to view the message.

'Don't worry, I'll let them have enough of me and I'll come visit u alot, especially when school ends... Can't wait to see ur beautiful face!' Jace writes and I can feel myself smile.

I walk to the cafeteria with Spencer and Cole pushing each other. I sit down and quickly write back.

'Pinky promise you'll come? I don't think I can last a week without u!'

I visibly pout and Cole slides his hand in mine. I rest my head on his shoulder as he continues to talk to spencer. Every now and then he will glance my way and I'll smile. Kevin and Taty are being all lovey dovey while Hannah and chastity are on line.

"Of course! I have to go now sadly but try not to think about me too much!' Jace writes back and I laugh.

'I'll try not to think about u at all! :P :)' I reply smiling and Cole nudged me lightly.

"Has he told you yet?" Cole asked me and I frowned.

"Who, Jace?" I asked curiously. Has he told me what.

"Yeah Jace, has he told you?" I shook my head and Cole sighed angrily.

"I'm not mad at you Ellie, I'm mad and upset at Jace." Cole said before getting up and walking away.

I put my phone away as Hannah reaches the table. What was Jace supposed to tell me?

_______________________________

I know short sorry! It'll get longer hopefully.

Don't forget to,

Comment,

Vote,

And

Fan!