Million Dollar Baby (Chapter 10)

Start from the beginning

“About time,” Noah huffed when I finally reached the baby’s room.

“Well some of us can’t move that fast.” I snapped.

“Don’t worry,” Noah said in a soothing voice as he walked over to me. He rubbed my stomach. “Soon this little one will be here and you can move as fast as you want.”

I smiled. Only four more months. I moved away from his hands and over to the buckets of paint in the corner of the empty room. I had gotten Indigo and baby yellow. I guess you could say that they were odd colors to go together but when I tested them they looked really pretty. And it was much better than the cliché pink or blue.

"You start painting that wall and I'll get this one," Noah said moving to the left wall and pointing me to the right. I nodded and grabbed one of those rolling brushes and dipped it in a little paint. 

Before I knew it I had painted the whole room. It looked very pretty and I could just imagine how it would look when the same came through in the morning. I looked towards the window disappointed that I would be seeing it right now as the sun was starting to set.

"It looks good. We'll come and finish it tomorrow. For now you need to eat." Noah said dropping his brush back in the bucket. I tossed my in along side his and followed him out the room.

"Truer words were never spoken," I chuckled rubbing my growling stomach.

"I figured you'd be hungry. You always are," he grumbled.

I slapped the back of his head as we walked down the steps. "That's the last time you take a dig at my weight!"

***

"I hate you, Noah," I grumbled.

"Why?" He chuckled. "Aren't you having fun?" He questioned. 

"No it's hot, and I'm bored." It was the middle of June, and we were at our senior picnic, which was being held at an amusement park. "Plus, I'm due any day now and I feel like I'm carrying a baby whale."

Noah cracked up. "I'm sorry. I never would have made you come if I knew it would be like this for you."

"Yeah," I snapped. "I can't get on anything."

"Well, you could still get on the Ferris wheel."

"That's a stupid ride, and it's for old people."

"And pregnant people," he corrected with a chuckle. "And unless you want to sit here bored for the rest of the day, then I suggest you get on." He stood and held his hand out to me. "Come on I'll get on with you."

I reluctantly stood and grabbed his hand. He lead me over to where the Ferris wheel was. We stood in line for about ten minutes before the ride stopped and we got on.