Million Dollar Baby (Chapter 5)

I promised some people that I'd have this chapter up by today so...yeah here you go! :D

And over there on the side is a pic of Noah -------------------------------->>

He's so cute...lol.

******************************************************************************************

*Chapter 5*

"So is it really true?" My friend Jason said as he scrambled into the seat next to me before the bell rang. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him confused.

"Is what true?"

"That your girl cheated on you?" He asked smirking at me. "Shit, I wouldn't mind her cheating on me just as long as I got to hit-"

"Yeah," I snapped cutting him off furiously. "It's true."

Now he probably thought I was mad that Jourden cheated on me- as far as they know anyway- and not that he was talking about her in such a vulgar way. God this was killing me not to be able to stick up for her the way I wanted to! But I knew I had to keep myself in check. Chloe had clearly said what would happen if I even so much as breathed her name anymore.

I couldn't afford to let that happen. Not after everything I've already sacrificed over this. I clenched my jaw and turned my head away from Jason only to see that Todd, two seats in front of me, had turned around and was giving me an odd look. It was mixed with disbelief, anger, and sadness.

What was his problem? He shook his head at me before turing back around to face the front. Okay now what was going on with him? It took me so much not to bang my fist down on the table. This damn thing with Chloe was costing me more than just Jourden. Now it was costing me my friends.

****

"Hey, babe." I heard Chloe's voice drift over my shoulder before I saw her. Seconds later, her skinny hands had wrapped themselves around my neck from behind and she leaned down to kiss my cheek. I turned my head to the side slightly already knowing what she wanted.

Some P.D.A. She got it into her head that if people saw us being more affectionate, which meant all touching and kissing whenever she wanted, that they would find it easier to believe we were really dating.

I could care less what other people thought. So long as Chloe knew how I really felt about her. Which I didn't hesitate to tell her, everyday. Every time I told her she would get this hurt, longing look in her eyes before she would snap right back to being her normal bitchy self.

I kissed her, tight-lipped, and quickly turned back to the table. She let me go and slid in next to me. As I started eating again, it took me a minute to realize that the table had gone quiet. I looked around curiously and saw that every eye at our table, and half the cafeteria's eyes were on us.

"What?" I asked and shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Man, that's going to take some getting used too. I'm so accustomed to Jourden sitting there that now it's like...wow. It's just weird." Connor, a boy who sat at the table, commented. I could practically see Chloe's eye twitch at the mention of Jourden.

"Well," She said in a strained voice, trying to mask her annoyance. "I'm here now. Jourden's gone." Her voice had gone flat and cold towards the end. She looked everyone in the eyes for a few seconds to make sure her point was clear.

Jaimie and Todd were the only ones who stared back defiantly. They were letting her know that while she may be my girlfriend- which they were still skeptical about- they still didn't like her. I had to suppress my smile when Jaimie started murmuring in Spanish under her breath. No doubt, saying nasty things about Chloe. A few snickers rang out around the table from the people closest to her who had heard what she said.