Memory Loss (Part 3)

- ­­­­­­­­­­­Dinah's POV -

-short term memory loss meaning you remember everything up until about two years ago." The doctor says with a straight face. What?

"So you don't know me?" I ask her with a sad frown. "No! Of course I know you! You're Dinah Jane and you're in Fifth Harmony! But I don't know why you're here though?" she says. It feels as if my heart stops beating. "Oh." It's all I can manage. "I'm sorry. Am I supposed to know you?" she asks with a confused look. "I'll give you two some time. We'll be right down the hall if you need us." The doctor says, stepping outside.

"Uhm- We are dating. Our second year anniversary is this Friday." I say, not knowing what else to say. "Is this some kind of joke?" she asks with a frown. "What? No! We really are dating! We even live together! Look-" I say, pulling out my phone to show her the background, "This is us last week when we were in New York." I explain, handing her the phone. She looks at the picture and the frown on her face grows deeper.

"I'm sorry but I don't even remember meeting you at all." She says sadly. "Oh. Uhm- I could tell you about us? Or show you pictures if you think it might jog your memory?" I offer, trying to stay as positive as possible. She thinks for a second but then nods, moving over so I can sit next to her on the bed.

"This is when we were visiting my parents," I say, showing her a picture of me, her and my mum. "And this was taken in our living room just two nights ago. You wanted to have a movie night so I bought take-out and stuff on my way home from the studio but then you said you don't feel like movies anymore so we should just take a couple of pictures." I explain as I scroll to about 10 pictures. The most recent picture on my camera roll is the last photo we took that night of us kissing.

"Oh. Uh- it appears we were quite in love." She says. Were. She doesn't know me which means she doesn't remember loving me back. "Yeah. I still am though." I say leaning in for a kiss, wondering what her reaction will be. She stares into my eyes for a second before placing a hand against my chest and shoving me backwards. "I'm sorry, Dinah. You seem like a really great girl but I don't know you at all. From the pictures you showed me we had a really good relationship and I'm sorry about everything but I think it will be best if you just go home and forget about me." She says, completely shattering my heart.

"I- uh- I don't know what to say." I say. Really having no clue as to how I'm supposed to respond. "I just think that maybe you should move on? Find someone else?" she says. Tears start pooling in my eyes and I take her hand. "I love you. You may not love me back at this moment but I love you too much to let you go and move on. Some day you will remember, I know you will. I'll leave you for a bit now but I will be back later and tomorrow and every single day until you remember because I refuse to give up." I say, gently squeezing her hand as I get off of the bed.

"Oh, and I know you love me back, you might not know it yet but I know you do." I say, placing the box with the watch next to her on the bed.

She remains speechless and I kiss her cheek, making her blush.

She blushed!

"I'll be back later." I say and exit her room.