Memory Loss (Part 2)

Dinah's POV -

-don't know if she's going to make it." The guy informs me. I run outside to the awaiting car as fast as my legs would carry me. The entire ride to the hospital I only have one thought circulating through my head. If she doesn't make it, the last conversation we had I spent yelling at her. I didn't even say goodbye or tell her how much I love her. The traffic on the way there is agonisingly slow and I can't help but tap my foot in annoyance.

The car isn't even in a parking space before I am already jumping out and running towards the front desk.

"Miss Hansen, she's in the intensive care unit right now, and you need to wait in the waiting room for a few minutes before we can let you through." A nurse says as I came to a stop at the desk. "Ok. But will she be okay?" I ask the nurse, nearly bursting out in tears. "We cannot determine the damage to her brain until she's awake but it seems as if she'll be okay." A nearby doctor answers my question. I hug the doctor out of joy and he gently shoves me off of him.

"Here are her personal belongings; you can take them to her in a few minutes." The doctor says, handing me a tray with her handbag and a small black bag. I take the items and sit in the waiting room, anxious to see her. I wonder what is in the black bag and curiosity gets the better of me as I stick my hand inside to remove the contents. I pull out a square black box with the words 'Rolex' printed on top. That's weird. She never wears a watch. I open the box to see the watch I had been admiring for the last few weeks.

Our 2nd anniversary is coming up soon, could she have gotten the watch for me?

I turn the watch over and find a small inscription on the bottom.

Dear Dinah ,

I love you always.

I hardly notice the tears running down my cheeks as I neatly place the watch back inside of the box.

"Miss Hansen, you can come with me, please." A nurse says and waits for me to follow her. She leads me to a room and I nearly start crying all over again at the sight of my girlfriend's body with tubes and stitches all over her visible body parts. "She should wake at any moment. Try talking to her." The nurse encourages me and stands to the side of the room.

- Your POV -

"Hey, baby. I hope you can hear me. I just want you to know that I love you and I need you to wake up. I don't know what I'd do without you." I hear a voice say. I fight to peel my eyes open and I'm shocked at what I see.

Dinah Jane Hansen is standing next to me! In a hospital? "Where am I?" I mumble as my eyes finally opened. "Oh, baby! You're awake! I thought I'd never see you again!"  Dinah says, hugging me close to her.

Why is she calling me baby?

"Uhm- you're  Dinah Jane Hansen." I mumble and she frowns, "Oh, I'm sorry, I won't fangirl. I've just always wanted to meet you." I continue. "What?"  Dinah says, looking between me and a nurse standing in the corner. Suddenly a doctor enters the room and looks at me. "Oh good. You're awake." He says, taking a clip board from the nurse. "Do you remember what you were doing at the time of the accident?" the doctor asks me. "Uh, I think I was on my way to school with my mom." I say, remembering it clearly.

"What? No. You were on your way to our concert. You finished school about 2 years ago."  Dinah says confusion apparent on her face. Now that I see her up close she does look a lot different than I recall. "Miss, I'm afraid to say you have received a hard blow to your head. You have short term memory loss meaning you remember everything up until about two years ago."